Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Colin Rowledge

Default Alexander Lateman Ahlstedt

Alexander is the brother of Karl Hugo [the bigamist] and was born in Swansea in 1879. The 1881 census shows him in Phillack with his mum, Karl Hugo and another brother William. The father [Karl Oskar] was a mariner and away at sea.

1891 shows him still in Phillack, living with his mum and brother William. His mum had remarried [ presumanly Karl Oskar had died] and she and her new husband had a 1 year old daughter.

I found Karl Hugo in Bodmin jail for bigamy in 1901, but no trace of Alexander.

I have found a Lateman Ahlstedt [a very uncommon 1st name] born in Camberwell in 1904 but can find no refernce of a marriage involving Alexander. Short of buying Lateman's birth cert. what other suggestions does anyone have about Aleander between 1891 and this birth in 1904?

Thanks
    Colin

bumblebee

Dont know if this will help but that Lateman born 1904 seems to be on 1911 with parents Oscar born 1879 Glamorgan Swansea and isabelle.

Bumblebee

Colin Rowledge

As an addendum to the above, there is no trace [that I can find] in 1911 census of either Alexander Lateman or his son Lateman

Lizzy9

Try Lateman Ahlstedtt, Colin. He is there

bumblebee

The only marriage I can find at the moment with an Ahlstedt and an Isabella is

William Francis O Ahlstedt and an Isabella Richards Q2 1900 Lambeth

Just wondering if we can rule this family out without you having to buy a certificate.

Bumblebee

Lizzy9

It wouls appear Lateman's parents were...............
    William Francis O Ahlstedt and Isabella Richards, Lambeth 2nd qrt 1900.

ET in the USA

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzy9 View Post
    Try Lateman Ahlstedtt, Colin. He is there

Yes, with his "married" 5 year old sister Clementina. Is it any wonder we have problems finding people !
    I have sent in a correction [yet again]
    ET

bumblebee

I have found William and Isabella on the 1901 census after marriage and pre children.

Bumblebee

ET in the USA

And just to finish up this unrelated Lateman,
    He married Alice M. Denham in Jun Qtr 1929 I. Wight

bumblebee

This death is bothering me

Alexandria L Ahlstedt, 1963 Age 84, Penzance. 7a 96

This is Alexandria not Alexander on the image, yet the age is right (I think) would it be better to send for a certificate and see who registered the death.

Bumblebee

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast