RonOne

Default Lancashire Parish Register images

A number of Lancashire Parish Registers (images only) have recently been added to the Family Search Beta website.
    See this link

If you have any trouble saving the images then see this link

- RonOne -

strawberrymivvy

Excellent news Ronone, I've made heaps of progress through the Durham records, not many of my ancestors are from these particular Lancashire towns but will look forward to them coming online, and enjoy looking through Atherton in the meantime...

Occasionally, just very occasionally, needs an umbrella!

Some of the parishes are indexed in a strange way (eg Leesfield in Oldham is listed under Prestwich) - so if you cannot find the church you want, have a good read of all the listings!!
    Barbara

Life isn't waiting for the storm to pass - it is learning to dance in the rain

RonOne

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara Wilkinson View Post
    Some of the parishes are indexed in a strange way (eg Leesfield in Oldham is listed under Prestwich)
    Hi Barbara,

Leesfield was a parochial chapelry in Prestwich and Ashton-under-Lyne parishes, Lancashire.

See: visionofbritain.org.uk/place/place_page.jsp?p_id=95 (Prefix with https://)

Occasionally, just very occasionally, needs an umbrella!

Quote Originally Posted by Ronone View Post
    Hi Barbara,

Leesfield was a parochial chapelry in Prestwich and Ashton-under-Lyne parishes, Lancashire.

See: visionofbritain.org.uk/place/place_page.jsp?p_id=95 (Prefix with https://)
    Thanks for that, Ronone - you live and learn ...!!! It would not have been the first place I would have looked ... and it is not listed under Ashton!
    Barbara

Life isn't waiting for the storm to pass - it is learning to dance in the rain