duker

Default finding passengers

hi would appreciate help ,i have leslie mckenna born in scotland leaving whitehaven england port of arrival destination alberta canada,i think he then crossed to pennsylvania us,cannot find him after that,he travelled alone but his wifw jane and daughters elizabeth and catherine or kathleen may have joined him,if they did they came back to scotland as i have a marriage in 1935 for one of the daughters,can any one look in incoming or outgoing lists for them,leslie did not come back to scotland i have a remarriage for jane in 1943 stated as the widow of leslie,i found on the find a grave website a grave in naticoke cemetery died 1935 which i am trying to see if it could be his,thank you ,duker

thomasedwards

Hi duker

I couldnt find any passenger records for them.

But I saw the arrival form for Leslie, and it says destined: to Nordegg, Alberta - (i think). His occupation was a miner and it says the town was founded as a coal mining town. They might have some records of him there?
    Sorry for not being more help!

Wirral

Leslie McKENNA was listed on a Seattle passenger list 24 Feb 1924, arriving Port of Sweet Grass, Montana. He was travelling with John McKENNA.

Leslie McKENNA; 40; married; coal miner; nationality English; last permanent residence - Canada, Alta [Alberta] Nordegg; nearest relative or friend there - Friemof-Biezma [?] Coal Co. Nordegg, Alta; final destination - Roundup, Montana; going to - ??? Murphy, Box 74, Roundup, Mont.; going to US for 2 months; 5'10"; born Whitehaven, England.

John McKENNA - as above but age 32; 5'11"; born Maryport, England.

There are some more details in the passenger list about these men. They also had to declare whether or not they were anarchists or polygamous!

duker

Default FINDING PASSENGERS

thank you john edwards and wirral,wirral could you give me the other information you have on the shipping record,the information you gave me fits in with the information i aready have on the ship to alberta,destination nordegg,although the age is 5 years younger he is who i am looking for i know this because of the address he gave for his wife in scotland,he was born in scotland,but the whitehaven birth place could be a mix up with port of departure to nordegg being whitehaven,they don,t make it easy do they these ancestors,but with help from people like yourself and johnedward i can get there,i would appreciate the other information,thanks again,duker

duker

Default finding passengers

sorry thomas edwards,i put john edwards by mistake in my first message,thanks again for your help,duker