Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Charlbury

Geoffers

Default Charlbury

Hello
    If anyone who is tracing family history in Charlbury or the surrounding villages, finds it difficult to get here and would appreciate photos of the area/specific places, drop me a line and I'll see what I can do (also happy to wander around the churchyard and cemetery). I have a digital camera so can forward on photos as e-mail attachments. The offer is free, but I cannot travel any great distance.

Geoffers
    Charlbury, Oxfordshire

jilly

Default Charlbury

Hi Geoffers what a kind offer, I'm interested in the Fifield family of Charlbury,particularly George born 1870 thanks Jill

Geoffers

[Hi Geoffers what a kind offer, I'm interested in the Fifield family of Charlbury,particularly George born 1870 thanks Jill]

I take it you're after MIs in Charlbury? I've been away for a few days so am catching up on stuff this weekend. I'll have a browse around the churchyard and cemetery extension on Monday/Tuesday and let you know. Do you know where he lived in Charlbury?

Geoffers

jilly

Default Charlbury

Hi Geoffers, I'm sorry I don't know where he lived, he married Geraldine Alice Poyner in 1889, but thats all the information I have, thanks Jill

Ron Lankshear

Default LANKSHEAR in Charlbury

Hi Geoffers, That is a lovely offer
    My family are all around the Witney area and there are some of the name or similar variation in Charlbury PR records.
    I know one of them for sure entered John LANKSSHEAR (double S) who married Elizabeth WOODWARD in 1808.

So if you are around any of the churchyards it would be fantastic for any detail of any item with names from LANCASHIRE to LANKESHEER

Thank you very much

Geoffers

[My family are all around the Witney area and there are some of the name or similar variation in Charlbury PR records. I know one of them for sure entered John LANKSSHEAR (double S) who married Elizabeth WOODWARD in 1808. So if you are around any of the churchyards it would be fantastic for any detail of any item with names from LANCASHIRE to LANKESHEER ]

No problem, I was going to look around the church and cemetery for Jill yesterday, but 'twas a miserable day and I didn't fancy having rain down my collar for a couple of hours. 'tis brighter today so I'll stroll down with the dogs this morning and have a look for both of you. I'll let you know one way or the otehr, later today.

Geoffers

Geoffers

For the attention of Jill and Ron:

I've just been prowling around the churchyards and cemetery in Charlbury. As in most such places, there are headstones which are illegible - I've been around all those which can be read. There is one last church which I have not checked today, that is in the small outlier of Shorthampton. I'll have a look there either during the week or at the weekend.

No trace of LANKSSHEAR or WOODWARD in Charlbury

Two FIFIELD graves:

1) "In loving memroy of Sarah Annie FIFIELD died June 21st 1946 aged 79 also of Charles Howard FIFIELD died April 25th 1947 aged 78. Rest in Peace"

2) In loving memory of Eliza FIFIELD died Aug 2nd 1898 aged 61 years. Not gone from memory of from love, But gone to her father home above. Also of Mark FIFIELD husband of the above died Mar 3 1922 aged 84 years."

I have digital photos of both graves and also the church if you'd like copies - let me know.

I'll get back to you both with anything I find at Shorthampton.

Geoffers
    Charlbury, Oxfordshire

Ron Lankshear

Smile Many Thanks perhaps if you visit anyother places

Thank you Geoffers

Please if you do see LANKSHEAR or similar names anywhere from Charlbury down to Witney and surrounds I would be most interested
    Robert was in Clanfield in 1713 and then Thomas moved to Witney - Caswell Farm and his kids were in many places around Witney

I will be away for week - enjoying seafood. Take care

jilly

Thank you so much Geoffers, these look as if they could be George Fifields family, its a great help. I hope the dogs enjoyed the walk, my border collie likes walking in our churchyard but I think its because of all the rabbits there! thanks again Jill

nickfifield

Default More Fifields

Hi,

Just sent you an email. I'm Nicholas Fiifeld, originally from Plymouth and Kent before then... )

Started tracing my family tree. Now back to early 1800. Please let me know if you receive email and attached documents ok?

rgs

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast