Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    dagian

Default Benedetti Brothers

Interested in any info on the two Benedetti Brothers (a Musical Clown act - possibly violinist). I believe they were Italian and appeared in Music Hall in the 1920s. I do know that they appeared on the same Bill as the Comedian Frank Randle in Barnsley and had also appeared in Manchester in 1925.

Valued member of Brit-Gen MrsPoppy's Avatar

Hi Dagian

The newspapers have lots of advertisements for the Benedetti Brothers, "their great violinistic absurdity" - that is in Hull in 1932.

Also if you put Benedetti in the Discovery Search on the National Archives site several interesting items come up which you may be able to follow up on.

Mrs P

I saw articles for the "Benedetti Sisters" in the 1940's and I wondered if they could be daughters of the two brothers. An obituary from 1973 talks about the daughter of one of the Benedetti Brothers, Edoardo, I see the name spelt Eduardo and Edwardo. Freebmd has a marriage in 1920 for an Edoardo Benedetti to a Gladys Patterson in West Ham Registration District.

Did you want information on them personally or on their stage lives?

Mrs P

dagian

Great - hadn't thought of Newspapers. I am actually after anything I can find on them. After many years I have just discovered that my Aunt was the illigitimate daughter of one of them (my Grandmother was a Music Hall artiste).

You have probably googled already but on a certain well known site that sells stuff (I am not sure what I can mention on the forum) there are signed photographs of them in their clown outfits with violins and also notes and a letter from Eddie Bendetti that have been for sale in the past.

All the newspapers say they were very talented violinists.

Mrs P

dagian

Searched the 'exxx site' but didn't find anything. I am particularly interested in what their full names were in order to research further. Thanks.

Hi

I have sent you a pm re the link.

There is this naturalisation on Ancestry - Edwardo Patrizio De Benedetti

There is also a death in 1940 and a probate on the same site.

If you have access they might be worth checking out in case they are the same person and you may get a clue to his brother's name.

Mrs P

dagian

Thumbs up

Link worked. Interesting he Married in 1920 as my Aunt was born 1925 so it is likely that it may have been the other Brother (if he was unmarried); although an affair could be quite possible. I have Ancestry - I shall look what I can find there. You have been a great help.

BENEDETTI BROTHERS Musicians in Twenty Positions These melodious contortionists were Guglielmo (d January 1935) and Eduardo (d June 17th 1940) (from google books).

Mrs P

dagian

We'll never know which Brother could be the Father. Eduardo married 1920/Guglielmo married 1925 (the year my Aunt was born) so it could be either. Of course even DNA would not provide the answer, as they both have the same! I am extremely grateful for all your help.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast