broomey

Default HMS Pembroke (Stanley Edward Broome) Help!

Hi,I have an photo of my Grandfather (Stanley Edward Broome bn 1907 in Canning Town) he is in uniform with HMS Pembroke emblazed on his hat,has any one got any information or leads as to actions, service records,history etc? He died in 1950 so we have no information on him other than this photo.

Thanks

Ian

Starting to feel at home

Default Stanley Edward Broome

Try the following to look up his Royal Naval records, there is a small fee payable.

https://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/d...nline/navy.asp

Geoffers

See the above reply, but do note that TNA only has records up to 1923. If your chap joined after then, you will probably need to have a look at the Veterans Agency web-site.

HMS Pembroke was the name for the barracks at Chatham - you should find something on the inter-webby-thingy if you use a search engine.

broomey

Thank you,
    Im assuming that he served during the War 11, i have this reference from his wedding cert i think it say's Royal Navy Stocker KRN8856? however its difficult to see.

Ian

Geoffers

For WWII you service records you will definitely need to look at the Veterans Agency (linked in last post) and apply for his service record.

With his rank (I think that should be Stoker), number, name and date of birth you should have all that is needed.