Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bigamist?

gwendolen

Default Bigamist

Quote Originally Posted by Hils Hoppo View Post
    Hi Gwendolen

Apologies for jumping to the inital conclusion that your gggrandfather was a bigamist!!

The mystery has all been solved now - I have the certificate for Sophia's death and it appears that she died from 'Placenta Previa' (which probably indicates that she died in childbirth) just a year after she married. I think the child must have been stillborn as I can find neither a birth or death cert for it (stillbirths weren't required to be registered then) He married again just a year after Sophia died - which marriage are you descended from?
    I am a descendent of the marriage Ludolph and Amemia. I am fasinated and proud of the Witkowski family, I have been investigating into the name for about 25 years now and I really feel I know them all personally - crazy I know!!

Happy searching

Hils Hoppo

Oh I know just what you mean! Mine become like living people to me and I can't begin to tell you the tears that I've shed when I've uncovered tragic deaths etc. You're lucky to have such an unusual name to research, albeit with at least half a dozen variations of the spelling - so much easier than my Jones line!! Good luck and I know you'll find tons of help on this forum. And don't be put off by everyone wingeing about the changes to the site - we're not usually a load of old grumps!!

gwendolen

Hi Jap
    Amelia and Henry are on the same page 9Sept 1874) because they married each other on that day. You would not have found them on 1881 census because they sailed to Australia before then.
    Count Orlando Witkowski did exist. The Witkowski family was an important wealthy land owner in Poland but had to flee the country during to the revelution. This information has come down 2 idependent branches of the family - without any changes.
    Mary Ann was a nurse assistant not a servant

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123