Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    robcharliebrown

Hi there ! Sorry to keep you waiting again ! If you search for "Bonython" in Google earth, you will get pretty near or you can fine tune to the coordinates : 50 02 44
    5 12 16

There you will easily see one of the concrete bases and to the right is another which is overgrown but I am sure you could walk on it quite easily.
    As a matter of interest, when I took my first job at a Market Garden just a couple of miles away from the site, I found a bomb case which, I was told was physically dropped by men in airships ! I keep it as a doorstop. Could I be talking rubbish or did they actually do that ? It's a pity we can't post pictures here.............or can we ??

If you send me your e-mail, I can send pictures if required.

Best regards, Rob.
    Last edited by robcharliebrown; 27-01-2011 at 8:39 AM. Reason: Used wrong name

robcharliebrown

Isambard...........I just saw this on youtube.......... might be worth a look ? :

www.
    youtube.com/watch?v=O_xKx4mIBz8

Hope you find it interesting !
    Last edited by Kerrywood; 27-01-2011 at 9:24 AM. Reason: direct link to site containing advertising - please read the AUP

Isambard

Quote Originally Posted by robcharliebrown View Post
    Hi there ! Sorry to keep you waiting again ! If you search for "Bonython" in Google earth, you will get pretty near or you can fine tune to the coordinates : 50 02 44
    5 12 16

There you will easily see one of the concrete bases and to the right is another which is overgrown but I am sure you could walk on it quite easily.
    As a matter of interest, when I took my first job at a Market Garden just a couple of miles away from the site, I found a bomb case which, I was told was physically dropped by men in airships ! I keep it as a doorstop. Could I be talking rubbish or did they actually do that ? It's a pity we can't post pictures here.............or can we ??

Best regards, Rob.
    Aha, now I see it. I was looking along the coast. Thanks Rob. Can you advise also the lat/long for the Goonhilly satellite tracking antenna? I'll send my email address by pm.

Best regards
    Isambard
    Isambard

Procat

Quote Originally Posted by robcharliebrown View Post
    It's a pity we can't post pictures here.............or can we ??

Best regards, Rob.
    Whilst you are unable to post pictures directly to the site you can post the image on a hosting site such as photoshop and link to it from the forum.

robcharliebrown

Thanks for that Procat. I expect you are watching us Brits thrash everyone at the tennis now as if the cricket wasn't enough ?? (only joking mate! ). I just had a look at Hoppers Crossing....what a beautiful place ! You are a lucky chap indeed. We have an Ozzy friend working in London who is one of the best people we have ever met ( apart from what she calls her "potty mouth" ) !!

zephsgranddad

Unhappy zeppelin over cornwall

I remember being in the Morrab Gardens Penzance with my Mum when a zeppelin flew over. It was a fine day and it was flying low. heading south.This was before the 2nd world war Late 1930's
    I seem to remember there was a political row with Germany over this invasion of our air space.
    During the war as a small boy I was dive bombed and machine gunned by German aircraft.
    Zeppelines were too vulnerable to be used in war by the 2nd world war. I think it might have been 1938/9
    I can still see it in my mind a most impressive sight to a small boy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12