bibiaust

Default Solihull Fire Brigade Coventry Catheral 1940

Does anyone know of details regarding the Solihull fire engine called to fight the burning Coventry Cathedral during the November 1940 Blitz in WW2.
    My Father was on duty with the Solihull Brigade during the Coventry Blitz.
    Richard Isaac

greann

Hi Richard,
    Sorry I can't answer your question, but my grandfather was also part a Fire Brigade fighting the fires in Coventry. My uncle has a photo of him in his uniform and I'm hoping that when I get a copy it will show the Brigade. My father and my uncle can remember riding on the fire-trucks when they were boys. I will ask them if they know of the "Solihull" fire engine. It might be worth a try......
    Best Wishes,
    Ann

Name well known on Brit-Gen

These photos may be of interest to you both.
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

Occasionally, just very occasionally, needs an umbrella!

Solihull and Coventry are now part of West Midlands Fire Service. The website shows that the FS has a Heritage Group; they may be able to help. There is an email address on the website.
    Barbara

Life isn't waiting for the storm to pass - it is learning to dance in the rain

bibiaust

Default Solihull Fire Brigade at the Coventry Blitz

Thank you everone for responding and your offers of help. I am trying to determine how many tenders Solihull had and which tenders went to Coventry. The FS Heritage group may have the answer. Many Thanks, Richard Isaac Brisbane AUSTRALIA