cereco

Default Lethbridge Plymouth St. Andrews

I am trying to confirm the identify of the parents of my great, great, great, grandfather. They would have been born in the late 1700's.

My great, great, great grandfather was Francis John Lethbridge, born 1807 in Plymouth, Devon and his (oldest?) son was Francis John Lethbridge born in 1834 in Lambeth - then part of Surrey. His other children were born in Clerkenwell.

There is a baptism in Plymouth St Andrews parish for a Francis John Lethbridge on 19 June 1814. The record says 'said to be born 11 Nov 1807'. The parents are recorded as John and Jenny. John was a house carpenter.

Several family trees show a John Lethbridge, born c.1778 in Buckland Monachorum, near to Plymouth, who was married to Jenny Lavis (and later had two other wives). They are recorded as only havng had two children, Jenny c. 1800and William c. 1804,

Jenny is thought to have died in 1806, but can anybody help me to confirm this? Does anybody know where her gravestone is in Buckland Monochorum? Plymouth Records Office show her as Jenny Lovis.

I have been drawing a blank on this since 2004, and have researched 18 different John Lethbridges from Devon in the 1700s. I am now of the opinion that perhaps my John and Jenny were never married

My great, great, great grandmother was called Grace Walters and she was born in East Looe, Cornwall in 1808.

She married Francis J. in 1836, when their son was two years old!

My ancestors all lived in the Clerkenwell area of London (then Middlesex) between 1841 and 1901.

I have quite a comprehensive family tree from 1807 to the present day and have contact with several other members tracing the Lethbridge family.

Any fresh info on Lethbridge's in Buckland Monachorum, Ermington, Ivybridge, Plymouth, Plympton, London, Middlesex and Surrey in the late 1700's/early 1800's would be much appreciated

John Lethbridge

louisa maud

I have Albert Edward Lethbridge in my family, born Padd 1866, father William born Dawlish Devon 1829 and mother Ellen born 1831 Henbury Glos

Louisa Maud

louisa maud

I have traced Albert John to his father's birth in Dawlish 1829, William Henry Lethbridge, father John, mother poss Harriet but I haven't found her yet

LM

Edward Airey

Post Lethbridge Plymouth St Andrews

John Lethbridge, I was so glad to read item on Francis John Lethbridge. I too have had a hard slog to get to where I have with the Lethbridge family with so many questionsto ask. The Walters family was a bit easier. My connection with the Lethbridge family is through Ann who was born 13 April 1837 to Francis John and Grace . To date Ihave not found the record of FJs birth or baptism and would appreciate any firm clues. If you are interested I can fill you in on my branch of the tree. Edward Airey

cereco

Update - I have recently discovered that Jenny Lavis and Jenny Lovis were two different people. I found the marriage record for John Lethbridge and Jenny Lovis, who came from Tavistock - not far from Buckland Monachorum.

I cannot believe that Jenny Lovis and Jenny Lavis both married a John Lethbridge from Buckland Monachorum. I believe that Jenny Lavis, who was from Newton Ferrers, married a different John Lethbridge from a different town.