Loves to help with queries

Question 1911 Gello Cottage Llansantffraid Mont.Wales

I have just seen a copy of the 1911 census for my grand parents and their children. The postal address on the bottom right of the form is Gello Cottage Llansantffraid, Mont. Has anyone ever heard of Gello Cottage or know where it is? Could it be in Llanfyllin? Once I can establish where Gello Cottage is I can perhaps get the name of the school my father attended as I have a picture of my father at school. Look forward to your response.

HiFly

Hi Bob

I think you wil find that it is actually - today's current address:
    Gelli Cottage, Llansantffraid, Powys SY22 6SZ

I spotted this old archive on Rootsweb referring to occupants @ Gelli Cottage:

archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.com/th/read/WLS-MONTGOMERYSHIRE/2005-10/1129887237

Hope that helps!

HiFly (Chris)

PS did you manage to finish researching your VALLIS line ? - it's some time since I chatted to Denise Ottoway. Hope all is well in Canada!

Loves to help with queries

Default Gelli Cottage

Hello Hi Fly
    Thank you for helping me find the Gello/Gelli Cottage in Llansantffraid. I actually have 2 pictures, one of the actual family about 1911 and the other of my father and his classmates at school taken about 1918. I haven't persued the family history too much for the past year and a half for various reasons. I'm just trying to complete some of my G and GG grandparents families and then get it all in a good for of order. WE sure had fun putting the Vallis family together didn't we? If you send me your private email address I have a remarkable story to tell you regarding a 17 foot mural in Canada that was saved from demolition by our son.
    All the best.
    Bob