Thread: WinReg 2.1.37

Carmy

Default WinReg 2.1.37

Just a heads up.

I notice something on the newest update . . .

If I see a mistake or need to make a change to an entry, I can still click on it and make the changes. But when I 'add' the amended entry, the other entry is still in the list. No problem as it is easily deleted. But if the entry is on an earlier page, others may not notice.

Mike Fry

Default Version 2.1.37 - Record Copy Facility

Quote Originally Posted by Carmy View Post
    Just a heads up.

I notice something on the newest update . . .

If I see a mistake or need to make a change to an entry, I can still click on it and make the changes. But when I 'add' the amended entry, the other entry is still in the list. No problem as it is easily deleted. But if the entry is on an earlier page, others may not notice.
    This is not a problem, as such

What you have discovered is the way in which a new record can be added by copying the contents of another. This is very useful in entering Baptisms where there is often a 'job lot' of records for the same family. It saves having to enter the surnames and parents names etc every time.

The most that I've personally come across in a register is 16! That list was comprised of the parents and 14 of their children. This was in a register for St Mary at Lambeth in Southwark.

The facility has been there a very long time. Almost from the initial release of the program.
    Last edited by Mike Fry; 25-11-2009 at 9:12 AM. Reason: Missing Extra Information

Carmy

Really? Odd how the earlier version allowed me to replace an old entry with the amended one.

None of the transcripts I've uploaded have had an extra entry but this one would have if I hadn't noticed the entry with an error was still listed.

Kirk Dawson

Quote Originally Posted by Carmy View Post
    Really? Odd how the earlier version allowed me to replace an old entry with the amended one.

None of the transcripts I've uploaded have had an extra entry but this one would have if I hadn't noticed the entry with an error was still listed.
    A single click on a record duplicates it

A double click edits an existing record

Kirk

Carmy

Ah. Thanks, Kirk. I must have been double clicking before without knowing I was doing it. Duh!