Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    marymog

Hi Liz in france,

Im in the Netherlands, so we both look the same way when crossing the road.

Only too pleased to help. Its very sad about our war heroes, the Memorials are nice, but the paper work, just a stamp for died in action, or just died. Must have been terrible for people that lost family in these wars. I have one great uncle that lost both sons, its a terrible part of history.

What happened to the wife and children??

glad to have helped

Mary

Liz in France

Hi Mary,

This really is an international site but with the internet we are all so close.

I felt really depressed when I had finished my session before dinner. So sad for the families left behind. My mother was just 3 years old when he was drowned and her sister was born the month after he drowned. My grandmother remarried, this time to a captain of a steamship, she just loved the uniforms I think.

My mother is still alive, nearly 95 now, but her memory is not what it was and it is difficult to know if what she says is true or a figment of her imagination, hence my need to find out for myself.

Best of luck with your research.

Elizabeth in SW France

Liz in France

Hi Geoffers,

After I wrote to you last time, I went on to look up Vivid 2 on the internet and got all sorts of weird and wonderful sites until I put in HMS as a prefix. I did see Paul Benyon's site and worked out it was a base for training of personnel. Also saw the section for training second class stokers, men and boys.

Thank you for all your help it was great.

Best wishes,
    Elizabeth

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12