myvoodoochild

Default Michael John O'NEILL, LEICESTER. HELP NEEDED.

Hi!
    I was wondering if anybody could help me. I've been racking my brains trying to find my Grandfathers death record and I can't find it anywhere. I believe he was living in Leicester, England when he died and I think he died in either 1966 or 1967. His name is Michael John O'Neill. I've searched high and low but without any luck. So, obviously I'm missing something. But if anyone can help me find it I would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Take care,

Martin

Procat

Hi Martin,

Is this him? If not when was he born?

December Quarter 1966

O'Neill Michael J Age 35 Leicester 3A 741

Reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by myvoodoochild View Post
    I've searched high and low but without any luck.
    You need to search the GRO indexes as Procat has done for you. It is important that you understand how to do it. If you don't understand what GRO indexes are or where to find them, please ask.

myvoodoochild

Default :-D

Quote Originally Posted by Procat View Post
    Hi Martin,

Is this him? If not when was he born?

December Quarter 1966

O'Neill Michael J Age 35 Leicester 3A 741
    This looks like it could be him. The age and Quarter make sense as he was born in about 1931 and I've had people tell me he died at the end of 1966 or the beginning of 1967. None of my Family could agree on the date, lol.

Thank you very much for looking for me. I really appreciate it.

Procat

Quote Originally Posted by myvoodoochild View Post
    This looks like it could be him. The age and Quarter make sense as he was born in about 1931 and I've had people tell me he died at the end of 1966 or the beginning of 1967. None of my Family could agree on the date, lol.

Thank you very much for looking for me. I really appreciate it.
    My pleasure - that is what this site is all about.

myvoodoochild

:-D I've ordered his Death Certificate. Which should get to me tomorrow. It'll help me find out when & where he was born. As no one seems to know.

myvoodoochild

I've recieved the Death Certificate and the Index Number you gave me was definitely the right one. I was hoping his Date of Birth would be on the Death Certificate as well as that meant that I would be able to order his Birth Certificate. But it's not. I thought it would state his DOB and Place of Birth as that is what is on my Grandmothers (his wife) Death Certificate. But alas no, so, I'm stuck.

Would it be possible for someone to do a look up for me on my Michael J O'Neill's birth for me please? He was born in 1931 in Dublin, Ireland. If it makes any difference I've been told he was born in Malta whilst his Parents where out there with the Army and brought to Ireland after a couple of weeks or so. I can't be 100% on this last fact as that side of my family are unreliable with what they tell me (they all tell me different things about people that contradict each other).

Thank you in advance.

Procat

Nothing in the overseas birth indexes on FMP that I could find.

myvoodoochild

Default .

Quote Originally Posted by Procat View Post
    Nothing in the overseas birth indexes on FMP that I could find.
    Thank you for trying.