Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Aussie Shep

Frank Eric Norris was born 1903 in Finchley Middlesex, he joined the navy much to his fathers digust, as his father wanted him to further his career.

Frank Eric Norris married Agnes May Abbott formerly Deakin in 1943, he only lived with them for a few years in Oak Hill, Stoke on Trent before returning to London. His death certificate it was noted his occupation was a Civil Servant. When he returned to London he lived in Mount Pleasant it was accomodation for Civil Servants, he died in a nursing home in Peckham again for Civil Servants. My Father said he remembers his dad working for the Coal Board & English Electric as a clerk.

Valued member of Brit-Gen

Bit of a punt here, but what about 'to Nat Res (Reserves) Stoke on Trent'?

Martin

Aussie Shep

It reads as though some paperwork has been sent to Stoke. Did your cahp come from there? - or did he go to live and work there?

Yes he married in Stoke on Trent in 1943.

Aussie Shep

Quote Originally Posted by crimea1854 View Post
    Bit of a punt here, but what about 'to Nat Res (Reserves) Stoke on Trent'?

Martin

Hi Martin, What is Nat Reservers, in australia we have part time army reserves? everytime I googled nat reserves I kept getting hits for parks?

Aussie Shep

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Evans View Post
    It looks like something to do with a Court Order rather than Naval. He may have been under Supervision by someone representing the Government, like a Police Officer.??

How would I go about further investigation? are there any more records that I can request for his naval service online. as i am in australia.

Aussie Shep

Default I have more information on Frank E Norris

I have been given my fathes birth certificate from 1943 and it states his father Frank E Norris occupation is Admirality Storekeeper (Commercial traveller)

Hollytree

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Shep View Post
    I have been given my fathes birth certificate from 1943 and it states his father Frank E Norris occupation is Admirality Storekeeper (Commercial traveller)
    Admiralty storekeeper is a civilian job, I worked for the MoD for many years as a 'industrial personnel' clerk. There was two classes of MoD employee: "Industrial and Non Industrial." That definition stopped in the mid 1980s when a vast reorganisation of the MoD was done.

If you want to find out more about Naval service then you somehow need to find out what ship he served on, and then look up the movement and action that the ship would have taken part in. I don't think that this is online, but sometimes if the ship was very famous in WW2 then there might be a association/memorial website dedicated to it. If not then a local researcher may be your only option.

Anne

Aussie Shep

Hello Anne

He served as a clerk on the Pembroke I & II & Hermes & Ganges
    from 1921 - 1926. Then he was discharged. In my first post I attached his service document, something was written about Stoke on Trent at the bottom (I am unable to read it).

Thank you for your reply about the MOD, very informative.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12