Peter_uk_can

Default I am asking for a favour.

Winter has not yet descended on us and until it does, genealogy takes a back seat. I have not reached the time of year to renew my various subscriptions to "U know who-cestry" or their cousins.

In connection with some motoring history research I have two names, for whom I would like to find some additional information.

The following years and places are all I have got but would be pleased to receive any information that may help identify the families.

Mrs L. E Odell Margate Kent UK 1933. I am presuming L.E intitials but it could equally be Mrs Le Odell.

S.A Arnson Warsaw Poland 1933.

Both purchased special order Standard Swallow SS1 motorcars, (later Jaguar) from the Coventry factory. Colours and chassis numbers have been traced.

Thank you

Peter.

Procat

Hi Peter,

I have moved your post from general Chatter to General Family History.

Are you sure that it is L E Odell? Could it be L G?

The 1941 British Phone Book records a Leonard G Odell as residing at Wendy Nash Ct gdns, Margate.

It is possible that at the time of the purchase the woman may have been married to an L E (or L G) Odell and was recorded as that rather than under her own initials.

Procat

There is a Leonard George Odell born June Quarter 1903, Thanet, Kent, 2a 1071.

Married a Frances O Foster, December Quarter 1931, Thanet, Kent, 2a 2779

Peter_uk_can

Thanks Procat...... It could indeed be L. G. I am working from a messsage sent to me, no original image, It is in the Jaguar archives and is from a factory order placed with Swallow (now Jaguar)

Small steps .. eh.. at least it is more than I had yesterday..

Thanks again

Peter_uk_can

"Wendy House" Nash Court Gardens. Margate.

First search hasn't come up with a positive location for the house.

1941 isn't that far back, Google Earth shows some what could be 60's - 70's houses..

Leonard may appear later in Bournemouth, I am still looking into that.