Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Births in Malta

Rove

I have only just twigged that your mention of Floriana records being at St. Pauls has answered a little query I have always had. My Gt. Grandfather was baptised at St. Pauls in 1835 but his place of birth is shown as Florian c/o (?) Valleta. I had often wondered why this was so, and now of course there is an answer. Mark you, as there was the friary and a chapel, I can still wonder why the baptisms did not take place there.
    Cheers..Ed

Melbourne Aust. ~ a drop kick away from the Essendon Airport - 9 miles out of Melbourne

Default Births in Malta 1853

Hi Ed

My mother was brought up in beautiful Floriana too.

Since you know the place well you love to visit the Site I built about Floriana.

Lot of history in that town and always had a champion soccer team.

You can see the Parish of St Publius in centre of top pic.

https://florianamalta.50megs.com/

Reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't be surprised if Paul is getting confused by some of the contributions. Paul is looking for a military birth and Maltese (Roman Catholic) parishes are unlikely to be of any interest to him.

The general advice to Paul would be first to search the military indexes and, if found, order a certificate from GRO. Secondly, obtain the man's army records - see this research guide

paulrookie

Default Jane Rolling

Hello,

Once again I would like to thank everyone for suggestions/contributions and think I would have to look at the Military Records and Indexes. I now know that her father James Rolling was in the 44th Essex Regiment of Foot and eventually pensioned off when he lost most of his sight in China, possibly Opium Wars c1860. 1871 Census shows him in York and described as a 'Pensioner'.

Thanks again,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12