NFurniss

Question Leicestershire FreeReg

Does anybody know what is happening at Leicestershire? I have transcribed all nine of the burials for 1765 to 1772 images. I do not know if I have any more waiting for download as my user name is no longer recognised. Happy transcribing! NF.

Copper

Have you tried emailing the county coordinator for Leicestershire?

NFurniss

Smile Logging in to FreeReg.

Quote Originally Posted by Copper View Post
    Have you tried emailing the county coordinator for Leicestershire?
    Yep! The first thing I thought of. I have a problem logging in to the FreeReg site. I do what is necessary, press the button, the page refreshes, but it is the same page asking me to log in with empty text boxes. I could spend all day doing this but I don't find it much fun.
    You will tell me that I have not entered my ID and my password correctly. If I deliberately alter these details and press the button, I am told that I have made a mistake. I have just e-mailed the webmaster about this, but air the problem in this forum in case I have fellow sufferers.

I have no hair to tear out. Would somebody kindly suggest an alternative. Keep smiling and working in the spirit of the good volunteers we all are.

Kirk Dawson

Quote Originally Posted by NFurniss View Post
    Yep! The first thing I thought of. I have a problem logging in to the FreeReg site. I do what is necessary, press the button, the page refreshes, but it is the same page asking me to log in with empty text boxes. I could spend all day doing this but I don't find it much fun.
    You will tell me that I have not entered my ID and my password correctly. If I deliberately alter these details and press the button, I am told that I have made a mistake. I have just e-mailed the webmaster about this, but air the problem in this forum in case I have fellow sufferers.

I have no hair to tear out. Would somebody kindly suggest an alternative. Keep smiling and working in the spirit of the good volunteers we all are.
    Sounds to me like you are trying to log in through the RootsWeb access route. This will not work for logging into the server. You must log into https://www.freereg.org.uk/cgi/Login.pl
    Kirk

NFurniss

Smile

Thanks Kirk. I tried your link with the same frustrating result. I think the problem is much deeper than that. I am never surprised at what can happen when a computer takes it into its head to be awkward. I could compare it, but I don't want to have coals of fire heaped on my head by the fairer sex. I have already been told that this is a friendly forum so I am not being quite myself. A bit like my computer really.

I shall now await a reply from the FreeReg webmaster. It may be my problem but it needs his co-operation. Keep smiling.

NFurniss

It is time I brought this thread to an end. My problem was with my computer. I have made contact and completed several transciptions since I bought a new Dell computer with Windows 7 installed. I am now waiting fot BT to give me a fibre link to Bracknell Exchange. As this is likely to be at least two years away I am contemplating cable as a stop gap. This will no doubt bring its own set of problems. Like "Love", the path of computing never runs smooth.