janbooth

Default William ANGEL/ANGELL 1861 Census lookup

Is there anyone who could do a look up in the 1861 census of Cambridge for a William ANGEL/ANGELL, his wife Jane and their children. In the 1851 census he is residing at 18 Cambridge Place in the parish of St Andrew the Less otherwise Barnwell (according to Family History Online), aged 32, a Slater, birthplace Dereham, Norfolk. I am trying to find Mahala/Mahalia/Haley ANGEL/ANGELL, my ancestor, who according to Family History Online baptisms was baptised 2 November 1853 at St Paul, daughter of William ANGELL & Ann, occupation Slater, residence Cambridge Place. Was Ann his second wife (I can find no burial for Jane), was Mahala illegitimate or was Ann just a transcription mistake? Any help would be much appreciated.

Janet

Copper

Hi Janet - I have checked the 1861 as follows

RG9/1024 Folios 83B-89B Cambridge Place
    No Angel/Angell family found.

I did notice that number 54 was uninhabited.

Copper

janbooth

Default ANGEL/ANGELL in Cambridge

Thank you anyway, Copper. Perhaps they had moved on by then. I have been unable to find them in the 1871 census, although Mahalia married in 1873 in Peterborough. They do not appear to be either in Peterborough or in Cambridge. I think I shall have to do some creative searching on Ancestry! Thank you once again.

Janet.