Tjollan

Post How do I go about?

Hello!

I have tried to read my way through this site and I find this forum as the most apropriate. So I hope I may get some answers ore be directed where to search.

Please excuse me if my spelling is bad

Trying to make a long question short. I have an album bought in Canada 1992
    in a shop that was a "immigrant related shop?" filled whit things from the past (I do wish I would have written it down the name of the village/town)
    I am pretty sure that it was in the Ontario area as I stayed in Kitchener (Kitchener/Waterloo) and visited a family from Mississauga and no I dont have theier adress ore names any more sorry.

Well want I like to know is it possiple to scan photos ore post them some where to see if any one might recognise any of the people from the album? It is a very old album of people mailny from the Manchester area and some photos from Blackpool.
    I have always wondered about the history about this album. And the people in it ore at least some of them. I have tried to search about the album a long time ago but I thought I might give it another try as time changes and technology moves so fast.

Whit the highest respect Mrs Åsa Olofsson from Sweden.

MarkJ

Hello - and welcome to the forum.

Yes, it would be a good idea to scan the photos and place some of them online. The best way to do that would be to place the scanned images on a website - most ISPs provide free webspace for their customers and they usually supply easy to use tools or templates to help create the site.

This forum is not really the best place to put the photos - although you can create a little album on here if you wish, but the photos will be limited in size and you can only have 10 of them.

Perhaps there may be some clues in the photos you have which might allow us to help identify the areas involved at least. Manchester covers a large area and - like all cities - is divided into various areas which may be of interest to members.

Are there any names with the photos?

Mark

(PS - your English is excellent! )

Tjollan

Default Hello!

Thank you so much fore your kind answer. I do have a few names not many.

What is this
    "on a website - most ISPs provide free webspace for their customers and they usually supply easy to use tools or templates to help create the site."

Should I make my own homepage and link to it?

I have just left the album to my Mum cause she wanted to look at it as she is involved in local geneology club? although they are a very small society and mostly elderly people.

I might come back to ask fore more if I may.

MarkJ

Yes, I meant on a homepage is a good idea. This forum doesn't have the space to upload lots of pictures I am afraid.
    Even on a website homepage you may find lots of pictures will be a problem.
    There are ways to reduce the size and quality of the photographs - which is probably the best idea - and perhaps only upload a few of the best photographs. You can always swap them over from time to time if you are restricted with the space you have.

Perhaps others will have some views on the best way forward

Mark

Tjollan

Smile Me again!

Hello!

But this might be the the last question. Do you have any knowledge of any sites that have photos uploaded that visitors can write names and clues about?
    I know off sites like this in Sweden but as the people in my album are from Grate Britan I thought that maybe somewhere in there might ne s similare site.

Have a nice weekend.

Mrs Åsa Olofsson

Knowledgeable and helpful

Have a look at rootschat. You can post photographs there. But be warned, I find the site rather slow.

Tjollan

I shall do so.