esdel

Default Birdhope Craig wondrous beauty spot

This beautiful place in now Northumberland Park, just S of the river, near Rochester, was owned by my ancestors for several generations. It was very close to their hearts and they came back again and again for births, marriages and christenings.

Please help me fill in the missing gaps below, and clarify who was related to whom, when and how:

IGI Batch Numbers - C147721 - 1728-1850
    Birdhope Craig, Northumberland
    Marshall Surname Christenings and Parents
    Eleanor c. 20 Jan 1729 - John & Barbary
    Elspeth c. 21 Aug 1737 - Joseph
    William c. 27 May 1739 - William

Family Unit
    Thomas c. 8 Aug 1750 - Joseph & Bettie
    Anthony c. 20 Jan 1754 - Joseph & Betty
    Male c. 1 April 1756 - Joseph & Bettie
    Alice c. 31 Oct 1758 -Joseph & Bettie
    Mary c. 22 April 1759 - Joseph

Family unit.
    Hannah c. 28 Mar 1753 - John
    Ann c. 5 June 1754 - John
    John c. 3 Aug 1756 - John & Jane
    Mary c. 17 Oct 1757 - John & Jane
    William c. 5 June 1759 - John

Family Unit (This is my direct family if it really IS one family)
    Roger b.15 June 1829. c.2 Aug 1829 - William and Elizabeth
    Thomas b. 23 April 1831 c. 30 May 1831 - William & Elizabeth
    Barbara b. 28 Oct 1833 c. 8 Dec 1833 William & Elizabeth Robson
    Mary b.11 May 1838 c. 17 June 1838 - William & Elizabeth

Family Unit
    Robert c. 8 Nov 1812 - Thomas & Barbary (possible this Robert married Margaret Bell see below)
    Barbary c. 21 April 1816 - Thomas & Barbary
    Thomas b. 15 July 1819 c. 7 Sept 1819 - Thomas & Barbary
    A Male c 14 Nov 1821 - Thomas & Barbary

Family Unit
    Jane b. 4 June 1840 c.9 Aug 1840 - Robert & Margaret Bell
    Thomas c. 22 Dec 1846 - Robert

Many thanks
    esdel

Marie C..

I would concur with what you have(all from Hugh Wallis site, Birdhope Craig Presbyterian). No marriages there so have to rely on what is available.
    Only way you can verify the later ones is by the censuses or by parish records.

At least they didn't have half a dozen Williams and Roberts and Johns all marrying and having families at the same time so your ground is more certain with just one of each!
    Marie

Freeway

Esdel - Hello I just joined today I am interested in your direct family unit Roger thru Mary and have some important news for you concerning their father Roger Marshall baptised Birdhopecraig Rochester and sibling William born Manchester. It concerns a Memorial Plaque that needs a new home because the church has been sold. ..... send me a personal message from this site. Look forward to your call
    Freeway
    Last edited by Lesley Robertson; 29-01-2015 at 6:41 PM. Reason: Phone number removed.

Welcome to British Genealogy, Freeway.
    I'm sorry, but Esdel left BG some time ago, and probably won't see your message - that post is 5 years old.

Freeway

Default Roger Marshall from Rochester

Quote Originally Posted by Lesley Robertson View Post
    Welcome to British Genealogy, Freeway.
    I'm sorry, but Esdel left BG some time ago, and probably won't see your message - that post is 5 years old.
    Thank you so much for your reply. You have seen my message to Esdel. I am quite happy to work through a 3rd Party but since Esdel be her own admission has confirmed she is a direct descendant of Roger Marshall from Rochester/Birdhopecraig it is important I get a message to her somehow. I am not asking for her personal details but can you suggest from your prospective if there is a solution to this problem. Esdel has also been on RootsChat regarding the same subject matter but again in 2010 so same thing applies there. Regards Freeway