Mouseytata

Default F.H.S A bit of a moan

Hi there
    A fortnight ago my partner signed me up to a local f.h.s as a early christmas present, and to date I have recived nothing from them to confirm my membership.
    This is annoying as before you join you are given the inpression that membership is instant and you will be able to use a online forum but after you have joined you find that to acess the forum you need a membership number which i am still waiting for, I understand that the society is run by volentears and that to post things take time but surely a password could be sent via e-mail within a fortnight so i could enjoy the benefits sooner just as they are enjoying the benifits of my payment.
    Bill.

MarkJ

A couple of thoughts -
    Firstly, the postal strike may have delayed any response. Although the effects of that are patchy, some areas are getting more disruption than others.
    Also, as you say, they are presumably volunteers and as such reliant upon people being available to carry out the various tasks. It only needs the membership secretary to be on holiday (and remember last week was half term and lots of people take time off to spend with their children/grandchildren) and a backlog soon builds up.

If you registered via email, then I would expect some sort of email confirmation (with details of your number for example), but if you registered via post, then they probably reply in the same way.

A fortnight may be a long time in a commercial world, but when dealing with voluntary organisations, it doesn't seem excessively long.

Have you tried emailing them and politely asking if you can have your number?

Do you know if they have actually taken your payment/cashed the cheque?

Mark

Mouseytata

Hi
    My partner signed me up using there "purchase your membership immediately" option from there own website and the payment via credit card was gone from the account a two days later.
    I recived two confermation of payment e-mails the same evening as i joined but nothing since.
    My main gripe is that i was offered "membership immediatly" , and not membership when we get round to it, if it had been explained before i paid how long it would be before i got the full benefits then i would take a differnt view of things.
    Bill.

I agree that two weeks seems a long time without any acknowledgement and can only suggest that you send an email asking if the details will be sent by post or by email. It could be that a letter is caught up in the backlog of mail in Kent - I believe that London is suffering quite badly and these days mail travels a long way before it is sorted.
    It could also be that the person who maintains the website is not the membership secretary and everything has to be passed on to the correct person.

Please don't be too impatient, there are probably very good reasons
    Sadly, our dear friend Ann (alias Ladkyis) passed away on Thursday, 26th. December, 2019.
    Footprints on the sands of time