Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    busyglen

Smile Some techie help please.

Could someone help a thicko who's pulling her hair out of an already thinning head please!

I have a page of data that I want to add to a website which will be in two columns. It is simply a list of names, and one would be forgiven for thinking that this is a really easy job, however, I seem to have lost the plot.

It will look something like this:

CARDBOARD,JE BLUEBELL, PL TABLEMOUTH, ER PEASANT, WA (wrong)

etc. etc. (about 157 names)

I use FrontPage 2003 (I know old hat, but I am use to it) so I started a new page, put in the coding for the headings etc. and started to type the list. First off, I added the names down the left hand side, and then went up to the top and started on the middle. Of course this meant I had to keep arrowing over after each name as there were no tabs. Then I left some names off that were over the page so had to insert them. Not a problem, until it made a gap on the opposite list.

OK...let's put them in a table with two cells. Same problem, I suppose because I did one column and then started the other, it wouldn't synchronise. So....how can I do this fairly simply please?

Upon reflection, would it work if I sorted out which names were going in each columns (they are alphabetical by the way) and put them in a 2 cell table, working from the left to the right hand columns each time instead of completing the left first?

I guess I'm making a dog's dinner out of this, and it's obviously a simple task. I've used tables before, to record burial records etc, but I go across each cell before moving down. This is the first time I have done a simple list.

Being mostly self-taught, I am apt to miss something that's staring me in the face, so would be grateful if someone could put me out of my misery please.

Glenys

Sorry, the same thing happens here! The names were in two columns but when saved they have gone into one!
    Last edited by busyglen; 29-10-2009 at 4:05 PM. Reason: messed up!