johnfp

Default Vancouver Death Records.

Alice Kate Chapman, died 1956. Her death certificate, Vancouver 1956-09-006013 says her age but does not say of what she died, where or who reported it. I hope it was her son Andrew, born 1919 ish or Christine one of her daughters, if not her husband Thomas. Can anyone tell me how I might find out more details of this event so that I can know more of my family in Canada. John.

Brick wall demolition expert!

You can order the death certificate from the British Columbia Archives, but it looks like it costs Can$30.00. The website also says that "Microfilm copies of registrations may also be viewed through local Family History Centres of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints."

British Columbia Archives - FAQs
    https://www.bcarchives.gov.bc.ca/serv...s/faq.htm#view

Adele

BeeJay

The GSU # in the B.C. Vital Statistics online index is the FHL film # with that particular record on it.

You can also find a volunteer to look up the information for you.

There's at least one volunteer listed on RAOGK who will do B.C. public record lookups.

johnfp

Question Chapman A.K.

Thank you for your input but it's not what I need.
    I have the Certificate of Death (Extract) $27, it says Name. Date. Age. Sex. Birthplace - England. Place of death - Vancouver (big place). Residence - Vancouver, British Columbia (Very big place).
    A Death Certificate in England gives extra, the date and PLACE, Occupation, CAUSE of death and Informant. This is what I most want.
    The BC archives micro film No B13228 is of the GSU 2033104 record. What is RAOGK ? John.

Jfremont

I believe you purchased an abbreviated record. I will pick up the the full record from the local library which will show the cause of death, informant who often is a spouse or child, occupation, address, etc.

If you PM me your email address I will send it to you as soon as I get it which probably will be tomorrow.

John