Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    curly

Smile Year of marriage needed

Colin

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Rowledge View Post
    A marriage in Hailsham Sussex vol 2c page 156 Jan q. between Reuben Hopkins and Nellie Burke.
    I'm about to order the certificate re above event. Can you tell me what year this took place?

thanks
    Curly

Colin Rowledge

[QUOTE=curly;339180]Colin

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Rowledge View Post
    A marriage in Hailsham Sussex vol 2c page 156 Jan q. between Reuben Hopkins and Nellie Burke.

I'm about to order the certificate re above event. Can you tell me what year this took place?

thanks
    Curly

Sorry to have omitted that important detail - it was 1908

Colin

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default my grandfather was reuben hopkins,

Quote Originally Posted by curly View Post
    Reuben Hopkins was married to Elizabeth Crook on 24th December 1916, at their local Parish Church. He was 35 and his spouse 36, both were widowers living in Warlingham, Surrey.
    We know he had 5 children from a previous marriage, we have a picture to prove it. There's one living relative we've not yet got in touch with, but we don't think he'll be a lot of help.

I'm trying to find details of his previous marriage via BMD/census records, but to date no luck.

I've used the *wildcard for variations in surname, tried leaving out the Christian name, as my own grandfather was known by a middle name and not the one on the census record (very confusing) I have also tried a search with wider (+/-) perameters, in case he told his new wife he was younger than he was!!

That's possible I suppose.

Now what other variations on a theme can you think of to solve this problem?

Looking forward to hearing your views on this one.

my grandfather was reuben Hopkins , and my mother his daughter sarah Emily,he is buried at,, warlingham church ,my mother is buried next to him .

|

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

my grandfather was reuben Hopkins,and my mother his daughter sarah Emily,he is buried at warlingham church,and my mother is buried next to him, my mother died ,in 1946 at a young age after giving birth to me ,my father remarried and I don't know eny of my mothers side ,which I would love to !

curly

Hi there Cissie
    it does look as if we share a family member.....Reuben Hopkins. He was my husband's grandfather, (Norman Hopkins) is descended from the second marriage to (Elizabeth Crook.) We're away from home at present, so don't have access to documents, but would love to find out more about you and your mother.
    Curly

Hello,

M y friend Cissie is trying to find information on Ruben Hopkins, she tells me she had a message from you and would like to hear from you again. Could you please contact her or myself and I will pass on any information to her. There was a brother and sister growing up in Sunny Bank in the 1950s, they lived beside Hannah and Ada.

I'm delighted that we actually have a meeting of relatives on this thread, but remember our ban on details about (potentially) living people being published on the open forum. If there's a chance that they're alive, share the info via our PM system!

curly

Default Sarah Emily's family

Quote Originally Posted by curly View Post
    Hi there Cissie
    it does look as if we share a family member.....Reuben Hopkins. He was my husband's grandfather, (Norman Hopkins) is descended from the second marriage to (Elizabeth Crook.) We're away from home at present, so don't have access to documents, but would love to find out more about you and your mother.
    Curly
    Sarah Emily had 4 siblings; Philip Ruben-born 1906, Your Mum-1908, Sybil Nellie-1910, Leslie F-1912 and Eileen Nancy-1914, all born in Warlingham, Surrey. They are all deceased, to my knowledge. It looks like Nellie Burke was born in the Workhouse Infirmary, Croydon on 14th July 1883-died July 1915 Godstone, Surrey.
    Nellie Burke's parents were apparently John and Emily Burke. I don't have any details about the father and it seems strange that he shared the same surname as his wife?? Now although I have an extensive family tree, I'm not sure I've always kept to the strict rules of genealogy, ie; don't always record the source of evidence..so not sure how accurate all this is.
    I need to check if I've got any certificates etc, but have to go to work shortly so will pick up again when I have some more free time.

Hope this helps

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12