Thread: missing year

DaveinInskip

Default missing year

Hello scribes,Can anyone with knowledge of the workings of FreeREG advise me on the way round a missing year.

I am transcribing Upholland Lancashire,Baptisms,from a list published in 1905 in which the year 1725 is missing.
    There are however far more than the usual for 1724,the dates go through the year twice,and then take up in 1726.

I have checked various dates in the 1724 entries and have found no duplications
    As one may realise I have gone through one 1724 year and entered these,but now am confronted by a second set for 1724

I have checked some of the names on the IGI site and have found these to be 1725.

So my question is do I enter them as seen with a very small note ( I may have to repeat this note many times) or do I enter them as 1725,with or without a note.

It seems to me to be wrong to just enter them as they are.

anyones help would be appreciated

Dave in Inskip

Kirk Dawson

Quote Originally Posted by DaveinInskip View Post
    Hello scribes,Can anyone with knowledge of the workings of FreeREG advise me on the way round a missing year.

I am transcribing Upholland Lancashire,Baptisms,from a list published in 1905 in which the year 1725 is missing.
    There are however far more than the usual for 1724,the dates go through the year twice,and then take up in 1726.

I have checked various dates in the 1724 entries and have found no duplications
    As one may realise I have gone through one 1724 year and entered these,but now am confronted by a second set for 1724

I have checked some of the names on the IGI site and have found these to be 1725.

So my question is do I enter them as seen with a very small note ( I may have to repeat this note many times) or do I enter them as 1725,with or without a note.

It seems to me to be wrong to just enter them as they are.

anyones help would be appreciated

Dave in Inskip
    Dave
    Rule number 1 of transcribing should always be followed. Type what you see. If you believe there to be an "error" add your opinion as a note.
    Kirk
    PS It is easy to repeat Notes with WinREG. Copy and paste.

DaveinInskip

Default missing year

Thank you Kirk for your reply,I shall continue with a brief note.

Regards,
    Dave in Inskip