Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    dvddigby

Thank you for the links but (unless there are some others sites) I think that finding the Canadian BMD details myself will not be possible.

Thanks again for providing the marriage and death details for Godfrey.

From the (freely available) Canadian census information and from the IGI, I think that the other members of his family might include ....

Christopher Bell born c1795 Yorkshire (possibly died 1836 Ontario)
    Ann Bell born c1795 Yorkshire (possibly died 1874 Ontario)
    Christopher Henry Bell born c1816 Yorkshire.
    Charlotte Elizabeth Bell born c1818 Yorkshire
    Michael Horatio Bell born c1820 Yorkshire
    Ellen Bell born c1825 Canada (Ontario)
    Thomas Bell born c1826 Canada (Ontario)
    Augusta (Louisa) Bell born c1828 Canada (Ontario)
    Annie Bell born c1829 Canada (Ontario)
    Alfred Bell born c1833 Canada (Ontario)

This is much more than I had when I posted my original question. If anyone can provide anything further, about any of them, I would be interested and grateful.

dvddigby

garden walker

Default Godfrey B Bell 1836-1912 Ontario

Hello,

I am fairly certain Godfrey Bell is related to my family by his marriage to Elizabeth. If so, he would be an in law to my ancestor. Sounds like you are looking for informaton on his sister?

I don't have any information at this point that would directly help with your search. We might be able to help each other with clues. I am only certain of the outcome of my own family who moved to Huron/Perth County and then later in the late 1880's to the Dakotas. It might be helpful to exchange what we do have.

I have seen the name Bell. I especially recall the Reverend Bells emmigration society, but looking through the Lanark county site, it looks like this person immigrated from Scotland. I will check my records for connections to Bell.

I didn't realize until I saw your posting that Elizabeth might be the sister to my ancestor John Taylor. I see on the marriage record of Godfrey and Elizabeth that George Taylor and Elizaabeth are parents. My ancestor John Taylor's parents were Geoge Taylor and Elizabeth Mclellan. This is documented on his marriage record in nearby Perth County 1860. John was b. in Lanark county in the town of Perth in 1838. I need to verify if possible the mother listed was the same, as the names are so common.

It sounds like you have been able to obtain some information on the Bells which is good. I will take a look back now and keep my eyes open.

I hope you receive this and would look forward to sharing any info. Please contact me by email if this is of interest in your search. It sometimes takes me few days to get back, but I do continue working when I can.

Bye for now. Garden walker

dvddigby

Hello

Thank you for writing. The extent of my knowledge about these people is contained on this thread. They are not my relations but it was thought that they could possibly be the relations of a neighbour.

The other piece of information, that we had, was a christening shown in IGI Batch C041351 at Osmotherly on 9th March 1824 for a Margaret Bell with parents called Christopher and Ann Bell. This Margaret Bell was the ancestor of my neighbour.

In IGI Batch C018611 are the christenings in 1816, 1818 and 1820 for (what seem to be) the first three children of this Bell family, with parents called Christopher and Ann, who emigrated to Canada. From the Canadian records they seem to have had Ellen born in Ontario c1825 and then five other children in Canada, ending with Godfrey in 1836.

It now seems very unlikely that Margaret would have been a part of this family and be left behind as an infant. Her parents must have been a different Christopher and Ann Bell. If the emigration had taken place later when Margaret was grown up, it would have been a bit more understandable that she stayed behind and married here.

I hope that some of the information which we have unearthed on here about this Bell family proves to be of use to you.

Best wishes

dvddigby

garden walker

Default Bell and Taylor in Ontario

Thank you for letting me know, I appreciate it.

Yes, your posting turned out to be very helpful for me. I have been looking for years for information on my Taylor family.

Thanks for answering quickly. Best wishes to you in your research. Garden Walker

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12