Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Brick wall demolition expert!

In the 1922 Henderson's Winnipeg Street & Avenue Directory, there is a Frank Love at 860 Winnipeg Avenue, #7 Willis Apartments.

Adele

v.wells

Quote Originally Posted by AdeleE View Post
    To me, the image reads Lowe as well.

Adele
    Yes, but it still could be a misspelling as it is filled out by the same hand. It fits with Frank's details though. I won't submit a correction. Thanks Adele

Quote Originally Posted by AdeleE View Post
    In the 1922 Henderson's Winnipeg Street & Avenue Directory, there is a Frank Love at 860 Winnipeg Avenue, #7 Willis Apartments.

Adele
    Yes he is there alone on the 1916 and where she is is anyone's guess ...I suspect she returned to UK for a bit and then came back to Canada. FMP might be a good place for outgoing passengers or collections.ca. I also wondered if on the 1911/1916 census she might have been in transit. I doubt they recorded who was on a train travelling overland.

It's too bad Canada is so severely limited with it's information!

Gambrill

Wow, you have both turned up lots of info ... thanks for this. Where are you finding all the details. Searching Canadian records is new for me. I know most of the info is Provincial Govt, but are there other treasure chests to explore?

The mystery continues .... I am pondering whether to order a copy of the 1912 Marriage Certificate in the hope that the certificate will reveal a little more about Alice Gertrude "Gambel". Is she my Alice Gertrude Gambrill is what I need to confirm. I've e-mailed the Manitoba VitalStats, asking what details were included on their 1912 Certificates (before putting my money on the table).

BeeJay

Quote Originally Posted by Gambrill View Post
    I've e-mailed the Manitoba VitalStats, asking what details were included on their 1912 Certificates (before putting my money on the table).
    The Manitoba marriage registrations that I have include age, residence when married, place of birth, occupation, religion, full names of both parents, date and place of marriage. They’re only $12.00 so well worth it but they take a long time to arrive, between 6 weeks and 3 months!

v.wells

Quote Originally Posted by Gambrill View Post
    Wow, you have both turned up lots of info ... thanks for this. Where are you finding all the details. Searching Canadian records is new for me. I know most of the info is Provincial Govt, but are there other treasure chests to explore?

The mystery continues .... I am pondering whether to order a copy of the 1912 Marriage Certificate in the hope that the certificate will reveal a little more about Alice Gertrude "Gambel". Is she my Alice Gertrude Gambrill is what I need to confirm. I've e-mailed the Manitoba VitalStats, asking what details were included on their 1912 Certificates (before putting my money on the table).
    We have subs to ancesspit.ca and as Beejay says the marriage certs include a whole lot more than UK ones (if the information is given) and I would order the cert.

Did he have any siblings? I noticed a marriage of a Lettitia Love also in Winnipeg. There is also a Florence Gertrude Love on incoming list about 1926 if I remember (don't remember who she was travelling with).

Findmypast has outgoing.

v.wells

Passenger Manifest
    Depart Liverpool March 28 1907 Arrival Portland Maine, USA April 10 1907
    Name: Mr. Frank Love
    Arrival Date: 10 Apr 1907
    Estimated Birth Year: abt 1884
    Ethnic Background: English
    Port of Departure: Liverpool, England
    Ship Name: Kensington
    Port of Arrival: Portland, Maine
    Last Residence: Greenwich, England
    Birthplace: London, Shipley
    Destination: Winnipeg
    Microfilm Roll Number: 10

Fits with Farmhand labourer in Saskatchewan.

Also 1916 census 5 Sargent Ave, Winnipeg
    Apartment boarding house
    Frank Love b 1886 Single (could apply to occupancy rather than marriage) railroad worker. Birthplace is given as Ontario but that could be just a guess by whomever gave the info.

v.wells

And this one:
    Canadian Passenger List:
    Frank Love
    Gender: Male , returning Canadian, born England, Blacksmith destination Howsack, Sask
    Estimated Birth Year: abt 1884
    Travelling with female (can't read the name) Love, wife, age 26 never been to Canada before, destination the same and both with CofE
    Date of Arrival: 17 Jan 1910
    Vessel: Tunisian

Port of Arrival: Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Port of Departure: Liverpool, England
    Roll: T-4735
    Last edited by v.wells; 21-10-2009 at 4:46 PM. Reason: editing

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12