Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fergie

Default A Ferguson Brick Wall

I was wondering if anyone could help with this particular brick wall.

Margaret Dollar was my g g grandmother. She was the illegitimate child of Mary Ferguson but even a visit to the GRO failed to find any trace of a birth for her.
    I suspect that her mother is the Mary Ferguson who married Peter Ferguson, father of Daniel (That would make Margaret her husbands step sister ?) I have been unable to uncover a death certificate for Mary hoping that there would be a clue somewhere.
    ( I have just realised that the date of the marriage between Mary and Peter could be wrong)

Cheers.

Nicolina

according to the 1851 Scottish Census, Margaret DOLLAR was Margaret FERGUSON's niece. The two were living together in Kincardine. Also on the same page is Peter FERGUSON and his daughter Janet, born about 1825.

Nicolina

the 1841 Census for Kincardine has:
    ED: 3; Page: 12; Line: 1020
    Elizabeth Ferguson abt 1821 Perthshire, Scotland
    Margaret Ferguson abt 1824 Perthshire, Scotland
    Margaret Dollar abt 1830 Perthshire, Scotland
    N K abt 1841 Perthshire, Scotland

Fergie

Quote Originally Posted by Fergie View Post
    ( I have just realised that the date of the marriage between Mary and Peter could be wrong)
    The marriage date for Mary and Peter could well be 10th Dec 1843

Now can someone tell me why there is a 10 min limit on editing posts

Fergie

Nicolina....wow ...now thats what I call a real rapid responce.

I am aware of those entries and Margaret Dollar being the niece of Margaret Ferguson but it is the mother of Margaret Dollar that I am trying to find out about.

Cheers.

Nicolina

could Mary be Margaret? I've found a Margaret DOLLAR, father William, mother Margaret (late LENNOX), baptised 22nd Nov 1810 in Ochtertyre Kincardine. There are several other children to the same couple.

Fergie

Thanks for your assistance Nicolina.
    Anything is possible I suppose but Margarets death certificate dated 4th Feb. 1902 states,

Margaret Dollar...illegitimate

Fathers name......blank.

Mother..............Mary Ferguson.

Don't know how you managed to find that Margaret Dollar birth as nothing comes up on the Mormons 'Family Search' web site. ???

Cheers.

Procat

Quote Originally Posted by Fergie View Post
    Now can someone tell me why there is a 10 min limit on editing posts
    We have had situations in the past where a response(s) has been made to a post after which the original poster made an edit (or in at least one instance, deleted a subsequent post they had made) which rendered the entire thread nonsensical.

The time limit was introduced to try to prevent this situation occurring again.

Fergie

Thanks for that Doug.

By the time I spotted my mistake the time limit had gone but the 'Edit' button was still active.
    I feel that 10 minutes is a bit short as some errors can be a bit of a fiddle and time consuming to correct and thats not counting the time that has passed before an erorr iss potetd.

Cheers

Procat

Hi Fergie,

We had to set the limit somewhere.

In a really critical scenario (where a follow up post is not sufficient) a Moderator can make changes if you send a PM to them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast