neilc

Default Hughes family Flint 1851 & 1861

I wonder if anyone could give me details of the following family off the 1851 & 1861 Census's please. Or is anybody else researching the same family?

Thomas Hughes and wife margaret Hughes. Also their Son William who would be aged 3 in 1851 & 13 in 1861. I do not know of other children at present.

In 1847 on Williams birth certificate Thomas his father was a Carpenter. Margaret his mother was stated as Hughes and formerly hughes 7 their residence was Evans lane Flint. In 1866 on Williams Marr certificate to Susannah Reid it states father Thomas Hughes Occupation Shipwright. Residence Summer Hill.

After their marriage William and Susannah moved to Whitby/Ellesmere Port.

A am also struggling to find Thomas and Margaret on 1871/81 census's.

Any more information would be greatly appreciated.

Neil Clarke

SueMcFarlane

Default 1851 Census

Hi I'm not sure if someone has found this for you yet but I have found the following entry on the 1851 census:

Evans Lane, Flint

Thomas Hughes - Head aged 34 - Ship builder employing 6 men born Chester
    Margaret - Wife - Age 34 - Ruthin
    Thomas - age 8
    Elizabeth - age 6
    William - age 3
    Mary - 3 months

All children born in Flint

I will see what I can find on the 1861 census for you.

Regards

Sue McFarlane

SueMcFarlane

Default 1861 Census

Family now living at 7 Linen Hall Street in Chester, Holy Trinity

Thomas - Head - aged 43 - shipwright
    Margaret - Aged 43
    Thomas age 21 - Shipwright
    Elizabeth - age 16
    William age 13
    Meria R - Aged 8
    Angelina - aged 4

Also living with them John Matthews, Lodger, Shipwright aged 27 from Whitford, Flintshire.

In 1871 - Thomas (still a shipwright) and Margaret live at Pool Street, Whitby, Ellesmere Port with Elizabeth who is a Milliner, Mary who is a dressmaker and Angeline (a?)

In 1881 Thomas and Margaret are lving on their own at Pool Street, Whitby, Ellesmere Port - Thomas is still a shipwright.

I hope all this information helps - if you want me to e-mail the actual census images to you, let me have a note of your e-mail address at [email protected].

Sue