Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Famous for offering help & advice

Quote Originally Posted by Pam Downes View Post
    So basically ignore posts 16 and 17 in this thread.
    I would not disregard the William Brown Waddingham marriage referred to in Post 17, surely a "must see"

Mar 1897, William Brown Waddingham, Lincoln, 7a,655.... Interesting to see if he names a father.

Reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Mona View Post
    surely a "must see"
    I agree. Absolutely essential.

Hi there

I wonder have you seen the birth of Lavinia Brown Waddingham Jun Q 1863 Sleaford 7a 424 . A possible sister? Also her marriage Sep Q 1887 Grantham 7a 703.

JAP1

Hi grisel,

It can be a wee bit frustrating (see above) when the same people are being discussed on more than one thread!

Lavinia Brown WADDINGHAM has been mentioned in passing on the following thread of Petra's:
    https://www.british-genealogy.com/for...ad.php?t=50976

You might want to have a quick look at that thread - though it's very lengthy.

Hi Petra,

As mentioned above it would certainly be very interesting were you to obtain the marriage cert of William Brown WADDINGHAM and let all of us know what it says.

Best regards,

JAP

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by grisel View Post
    Hi there

I wonder have you seen the birth of Lavinia Brown Waddingham Jun Q 1863 Sleaford 7a 424 . A possible sister? Also her marriage Sep Q 1887 Grantham 7a 703.
    1871 census Lavinia's parents are Collin and Sophia Waddingham.
    Also in the family in 1871 is Lavinia's sister Naomi, aged 13, born Sleaford.
    But....Naomi may possibly be only a half-sister to Lavinia.
    It's very complicated (and you do not want to know how many windows I currently have open to try to sort it!). It may also completely mess things even further, so I will give only 'proven' facts. (Though I have hopes that it might clarify certain aspects.)

FreeBMD June quarter 1864 marriage Sleaford registration district Collin Waddingham with a Sophia Waddingham on the same page.

1861 census Naomi Waddingham living with grandparents Samuel and Elizabeth in Osbournby. Her name is spelt Neomia, she's aged 3, born Sleaford. RG9/2346 folio 71 page 5.
    Samuel 51, Elizabeth, 50.

1841 census HO107/621/6 folio 13 page 20
    Osbournby
    Samuel, 30. Eliza (sic) 29, Sophia 9 + 3 other children

Lincolnshire marriage index for Lafford deanery 1700-1837 has a Samuel Wadingham (sic) and an Elizabeth Ann Brown marrying 8 February 1831 in Scredington.

IGI has Collins (sic) Waddingham baptised 20 November 1836 son of Richard and Elizabeth.
    1841 census HO107/621/6 folio 5 page 4
    Osbournby
    Richard Waddingham, 50, Elizabeth 45, Colling (sic) 4, and another child.

Bishops Transcripts 1813-1840 for Osbournby are on the IGI, batch number C030671.

The people I've named need checking on the census I've not given.
    Pam

Hi all

oops - no I hadn't seen the previous thread. Am now trying to absorb it it and yes it is complicated... I have a lot to learn!

Further to Pam's info, with Sophia giving her child her mother's maiden name as a middle name I wondered if William Brown Waddingham's mother Elizabeth might be a sister of Sophia. (tho of course the Brown may not be from their mother's maiden name and could refer to the child's father)
    Free BMD have an Elizabeth Waddingham b Sleaford 1844 which could be a possibility and this website https://www.birdchildsandgoldsmith.co...riet_Bird.html gives this Elizabeth indeed as a sister of Sophia. I don't know how accurate their information is.

Of course that in itself doesn't link William Brown Waddingham to that particular Elizabeth but it would be a possibility. Has this Elizabeth b1844 been tracked already? Is she the Elizabeth who married Edward Morris?

My head is swimming with Waddinghams...

Grisel,
    I hadn't seen the other thread either until Petra said earlier in this thread about all the details 'being on this site' when I searched for her other threads. Which is why I then went on to say ignore numbers 16 and 17 of my posts in this thread.
    However, following the last lot of information I posted in this thread I now think that earlier information may be relevant. The only thing that's confusing is that William Brown Waddingham doesn't seem to show on any census until 1901. Meanwhile a Richard, of a similar age to William, is on the 1871 and 1881 census, but then disappears in 1891. So definitely there.

And as for that link -
    That shows where the Collin/Collins I found comes from.

If you notice I (deliberately!) left off any 1851 census details. I then can't be accused of causing any more possible confusion.
    What is definitely needed is a perusal of the Osbournby parish registers.
    Pam

JAP1

Hi Pam,

Lots of bells rang when I read your post (a couple above) about Lavinia!

I think I must have ploughed through some of those records (I particularly recall Naomi, and also Colin & Sophia). Though all I said in the other thread (post #57) was. in response to Keyboard 86, was "Lavinia Brown WADDINGHAM (later PARNHAM?) whom you mentioned (I hadn't noticed her) doesn't seem to yield much if anything?"

Are we still hoping that Petra will obtain the marriage cert of William Brown WADDINGHAM?

Regards,

JAP

Hi again

I have just seen that Lincoln Archives have punishment records from Sleaford Workhouse 1853 - 1902 plus some other material. Reference copies or for sale at £3.50. But may not have Waddinghams mentioned. (You may already have this info petra). https://culturalcollections.lincolnsh...&ty2=0&ha=2957
    The archivist may be able to tell you if it is likely to be of use. [email protected]

Will keep thinking about William B ....

Hi JAP,
    Yes, I remember seeing your post about Lavania in one of the threads but when I looked for her before in any records I couldn't find her for some reason. I now think it was because I was spelling her name incorrectly.

(And if anyone has any energy left over after sorting out the Waddinghams you can come and help me. I currently have problems trying to decide who are the parents of James living in Cambridge. James born in 1800 would be brother to my something-great grandfather. James born 1801 in the same village would be the nephew of my something-great grandfather. I'm thinking of tossing a coin to decide! )
    Pam

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast