Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Brick wall demolition expert!

Did your g-grandfather marry in England at the end of WW1? I've think I've found the family on the passenger list for the Scandinavian, arriving in St John, New Brunswick on 6 Mar 1920

On one page I've found:
    Albert Dawdry, 28, in Ontario 1915 for 8 years, born England, going to Stratford, Ontario, occ: farmer.

On another "supplemental page" is:
    Annie Dawdry, 20, travelling with husband, Ret'd Can Sol
    Malinda Dawdry, 2/12

Marriage:

Name: Albert Dawdrey/Annie R Stillwell
    Date of Registration: Apr-May-Jun 1918
    Registration district: Guildford
    Registration county: Surrey
    Volume Number: 2a
    Page Number: 192

Adele

DRosebud

Oh Staceyleigh, I really had thought that he had been in contact with his little sister in later years, but no. What a remarkable and poignant family history in this instance. Please let us know what you find out from the certificates.

Mutley is right, the world is a rather small place.

Deborah

Stacyleigh

Yes Adele! That is them! It was my 1st lesson on how names were spelled according to who you were speaking to!

The family name on the boarding passes is spelled "Dawdrey" and "Malinda" was actually Melinda.

They married in 1918 and came back to Canada with their first of 13 children. It surprised me that Albert never got in contact with Nellie when he returned to fight the war. I guess it wouldn't have been easy to track someone down in those days.....

I don't know how you ladies do this, especially helping other people- I'm pulling my hair out these days!

Stacyleigh

Keyboard86- your help, along with DRosebud and AdeleE, the last few days has been so appreciated! You have no idea!

Mutley- I only hope that I can get in touch with descendants who don't even know we're out here! (if they'll have up) Although a few of Albert & Annie's children have passed away, there are still approximately 75- 100 of us (children, grandchildren greatgrandchildren and greatgreatgrandchildren who get together the first Sunday of every November for a Dawdry family dinner)

I'd love to keep adding Dawdry information year after year! I've amazed them in the past 3 years and can't wait to let them know what I've found recently!

THANK YOU

I will be in touch once I receive my much anticipated package from the GRO

Stacyleigh

Frederick Stanley is not on the 1891 census as he passed away at the age of 16 mos due to "brain congestion" I just received the copy of his death registration on Thursday!!

DRosebud

Smile

Hello Staceyleigh,

Poor little Frederick..

How wonderful that your Dawdry family gets together every year to catch up. You have so much to share this year!

Enjoy,

Deborah

Stacyleigh

We had our family dinner today.... they all just sat there... no idea what to say.... no one in the room had even known about "Little Freddie".....it was awesome!

Now to start on what to share next year!

Thank you all for getting me this far!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345