cdnsctgirl

Default BOWMAN of Newburn

I recently found one of my ancestors on the 1871 census, a William BOWMAN who was born in Newburn, Fife around 1791. In 1871 he was living in Montrose, Angus with his wife (Elizabeth), daughter, and grandchildren.

I'm interested in finding out more about William BOWMAN. From my preliminary searches, it looks like there were a lot of BOWMANs around Newburn. My William was a cabinet maker (still working, apparently, at the age of 80!). Does anyone have a William BOWMAN from Newburn, born c1791, in their family tree?

Thanks,

Sarah

amanda77

Do you already have these details from the LDS

IGI Individual Record FamilySearch™ International Genealogical Index v5.0
    British Isles
    Search Results | Download | Pedigree

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WILLIAM BOWMAN
    Male

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Event(s):
    Birth: 1792

Christening: 1792 Newburn, Fife, Scotland

Death:
    Burial:

Parents:
    Father: DAVID BOWMAN Family
    Mother: AGNES WATSON

Extracted birth or christening record for the locality listed in the record. The source records are usually arranged chronologically by the birth or christening date.

Source Information:
    Batch No.: Dates: Source Call No.: Type: Printout Call No.: Type:

C114514 1678 - 1819 1040169 Film 6900786 Film

Sheet: 00

Amanda

cdnsctgirl

Yes, I've seen that IGI entry. I actually thought it was the right one... until I found the death registration for William and found out that his father's name was also William, and not David. Unfortunately, there was no mother listed, so I think I'm going to run into a dead end here...

Thanks,

Sarah