Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Locator

fundamentalamp

Default The Locator

Hi there,

Firstly, thanks to Admin for allowing me to post this…

I’m working with Bio™ in the UK and wanted to let you know about a new TV series that you may find interesting. Called The Locator, it follows Troy Dunn, a man who has made it his life’s goal to help reconcile families who have been separated from their loved ones or are searching for long-lost relatives they may have never met before.

Using public records and a close-knit team of investigators, Troy provides people in need with the answers they’ve been searching for.

As a group with a clear passion for investigating and tracing family histories, I thought this would be something you’d like to see and possibly talk about as Troy travels around America, reuniting families and helping them get back on the right track.

While we know it can be difficult to sometimes talk about issues like this, we’d really like to use this show as an opportunity to promote discussion and share your impressions about the show and Troy’s work and the issues at large.

If you’d like to know more, there are details and clips on the Bio™ website (https://goo.gl/zNyCj). The show airs on Wednesdays at 8pm on Bio™ (Sky 156 & Virgin 237)

Thanks

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Australia has a show which sounds similar to this , called "Find My FAmily" It's rather good what I've seen of it, (don't always get to watch TV) To me much better than watching a celebrity find out who they think they are, as it's reuniting Families who may otherwise never manage it. (no offence to the other show).

Because I haven't seen it all through I'm not sure that the search & discovery is shown,-just the reuniting & THAT is the important part.
    A Google ot the title will bring up it's page & explain more.

I wish you all good luck with this one.
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

I have watched the Locator, it is good. I especially liked the one tonight where he found a girl's father. My ex daughter-in-law tried to totally cut my son out of her children's lives when they divorced 14 years ago. I managed to keep in touch simply by ignoring her hints and continuing to bring the children presents in person. The programme just reinforced what I have always told her. My only disappointment is that she won't have watched it.
    Sadly, our dear friend Ann (alias Ladkyis) passed away on Thursday, 26th. December, 2019.
    Footprints on the sands of time

fundamentalamp

Quote Originally Posted by Ladkyis View Post
    I have watched the Locator, it is good. I especially liked the one tonight where he found a girl's father. My ex daughter-in-law tried to totally cut my son out of her children's lives when they divorced 14 years ago. I managed to keep in touch simply by ignoring her hints and continuing to bring the children presents in person. The programme just reinforced what I have always told her. My only disappointment is that she won't have watched it.
    Thank you for your comments, i'm really glad you enjoyed the show.

It's also nice to see that you could relate to it and that you managed to keep in touch with the kids.

I have to confess that the episode where Alexia met up with her dad made me cry. I wish there was some way we could make these parents realise that it is ALWAYS the kids that get hurt, especially if you lie to them.
    I am divorced and what went on between me and my ex was between us. We both made sure that the children knew that we loved them even though we couldn't live together any more. It wasn't easy and the temptation in moments of stress to balme everything on their father was really great but I never did.
    ~adjusts her halo, grins sheepishly at being caught and allows the devils horns to show just a little~
    Sadly, our dear friend Ann (alias Ladkyis) passed away on Thursday, 26th. December, 2019.

terrysfamily

Quote Originally Posted by Ladkyis View Post
    I have to confess that the episode where Alexia met up with her dad made me cry.
    I must admit the tv blured a little for me too . Must be getting soft in my old age

That's what it is! I was temporarily overcome by my age! thank you terrysfamily, that's a neat get-out

mags68

Wish they could bring it over to the UK , Help my husband find his bio parents.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

From the first few lines of post # 1 by Fundamentalamp, perhaps the idea is to get viewers opinions on the show with a view to starting it up in the UK. ?
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

Nicolina

I have seen Troy and some of his success stories on other TV shows, and admit to being "temporarily overcome by my age". I think it would be a great idea to bring the show (or similar) to the UK.

you are very wise Ladykyis, I wish you could have taught my ex sister-in-law that. She stopped all of us from seeing my nephew when he was 3 years old. We'd no idea of where to start looking for him and then we heard that he'd been killed in an accident. Years later a member of my extended family told me that he'd married but I couldn't believe it might be him. It was only his unusual middle name that confirmed that it was indeed my nephew, last seen 45 years ago.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast