Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

There's a W Calladine (male) and a Mrs Calladine travelling from New York to Liverpool in 1904 on board the 'Majestic'. They arrived on 27 July 1904.
    Details from BT26, and found on A..y under UK Incoming Passenger Lists, 1878-1960.
    Hardly informative, and very much a long shot, but still a possibility.
    Pam

Shannon

Default Charlotte Calladine

Hi Pam

Yes you're absolutely right, a Charlotte was the mother of Ann, but her married name had been Wilson. So you're correct, yes granny must have remarried a Mr. Hemmings. Good thinking. I like the theory that she may have put her occupation in the box.
    The Williams surname came in when Ann Wilson married a Williams in Colombo, but he died. Ann then married John Calladine and had Charlotte in Dover and 2 older boys.
    The whole family went to Canada except Charlotte who was a baby at that time, but Ann went back to England probably ater getting too cold in Canada. She was absent for the Canadian 1901 census.
    Charlotte has to be a servant in the 1901 census somewhere.
    ThanK you Pam. You have me thinking again.
    Shannon

Shannon

Default To understand a death certificate

Pam - bingo - this has to be them. You are brilliant. BECAUSE:
    In 1901 when John Calladine was on the Canadian census, Ann Calladine (the Mrs.) was gone and I couldn't find their eldest son either, William John. It has to be them.
    Their other son, Charles stayed in Canada & fought in WW1 and was kia in Paris. I have searched for William for years.
    Are you kidding, this is so very very informative to me. You didn't even know his name, so this is them.
    However, now where did the two little wanderers hide? There were other Calladines in the area of John, but about a 2 hour car ride away today. She may have stayed at friends for the 1901. However, what about the Annie I found on the 1901 England census. Hmm. How did they get to N.Y.? Wow, Sherlock Holmes again.

I thank you so much.

Shannon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12