Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Police Reports

A fountain of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by Margarite View Post
    Hi Jane,
    Sorry for delay, but going to Scotland tomorrow for a wedding. Unfortunately won't have time to go to Register House so would be grateful for your help. Here are the details of my 2 ancestors.

William Lees Bell found dead on 10-3-1900 in Polmont, Stirling.

Mark Goldie died 25-10-1878 the result of a railway accident in Carluke, Lanarkshire
    Hope this is enough info

Many Thanks
    Margarite

I've had a look on the Times archive and I'm afraid I can't find anything. I've also had a quick look on the Edinburgh Gazette website too, to no avail.

Sorry

Merril

Default William Lees Bell

Hi Margarite.

I too have an interest in a William Lees Bell, although obviously not the man you refer to below, as my William was a Vicar of Christ Church, Bermondsey, London - having been born 1826 in Trieste, Italy/Austria the son of Thomas William Bell & Sarah Lees & he died in 1908.

Other branches of the family used the Lees name as a second christian name through a number of generations and I wondered if some off the information below may show a possible link between the 2 men we are researching.

Thomas William's brother John Bell raised a family in Norfolk, England but the family may have originated in Scotland, although I have yet to find proof of this. Cousins of William Lees Bell were born in Malta & later lived in Grenada in the Caribbean as well as Ethiopia.

This family had links to the Navy in the late 1700's & early 1800's

I have been researching this family for almost 30 years & have much I am happy to share.

Regards,
    Merril Bourne
    Auckland,
    New Zealand
    m.bourne(at)ihug.co.nz

Quote Originally Posted by Margarite View Post
    Hi Jane,
    Sorry for delay, but going to Scotland tomorrow for a wedding. Unfortunately won't have time to go to Register House so would be grateful for your help. Here are the details of my 2 ancestors.

William Lees Bell found dead on 10-3-1900 in Polmont, Stirling.

Mark Goldie died 25-10-1878 the result of a railway accident in Carluke, Lanarkshire
    Hope this is enough info

Many Thanks
    Margarite

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12