----------------------------------------------------------------------------I have tried this on the Jewish Threads with no luck so am posting on London as I know they all lived around Spitalfields Whitechapel area----

I have been researching my hubbies family on his mothers side she was Doris Raphael last of 12 children none following the jewish faith now.

I have quite a lot on this family untill around 1800's sticking point is 1841 census says foriegn 1851 says germany british subject but I can get no further

someone else researching did find their marriage in the Register of Marriages Index of the Ashkenazi Jews
31st July 1833 Sarah Franks sara daughter of shlomo Zalaman
Samuel Raphael Shmuel son of Meir HaLevi

thats 1st problem

I havent found them on 1861 although I know sarah didnt die till 1870, samuel died in 1858. and son Joseph was born 1852. Its funny they are on the 1841,51,91 and 1901 but seem to have vanished on the 1861 and1881!!

We are descended from his son Joseph whose birth certificate I have but although I know he married Louisa Wakeman cant find when on the other hand I have Josephs sons marriage but not his birth both would have been around 1874.

any suggestions?

sandie