Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    greann

Default marriage in Manitoba

Hi I'm wondering how to find a marriage in Manitoba. Prince Albert actually. I checked the vital statistics page and the marriage is not there.
    Greann

esdel

The source given in the F J Meyer Post of Durban MN (find it in "Search") is pretty good

Brick wall demolition expert!

Is there a Prince Albert in Manitoba? I thought the only one in the Prairies was located in Saskatchewan.

Adele

Mary Anne

AdeleE

I'm with you. Can't find a one in my Geographical Placenames of Manitoba!

Greann -- I checked for a Saskatchewan vital stats site -- there is one, but alas the marriages database is not online yet. I suggest you contact one of the Saskatchewan genealogy societies and see if they can help you. Perhaps someone is off to the Provincial Archives and could do a lookup for you (provided they allow that - each province is different)

Mary Anne

v.wells

There is an Albert, Manitoba. It is south of Virden west of Brandon.

Greann needs to tell us why she thinks it is Prince Albert in Manitoba as there is only one Prince Albert in Canada and that is in Saskatchewan.

greann

Hi everyone,
    for some reason I had Manitoba on my mind. I did mean Saskatchewan. Thanks for pointing it out. Sorry if I caused confusion.
    Ann

v.wells

That's a relief Ann! I thought a new town/city had sprung up and no one told us

Mary Ann's advice in post#4 is good. I don't know if we have any Saskatchewan members though. I thought we did, but maybe not. Is it something you can post?

v.wells

I just remembered GB1942 joined on Aug 30. He's in Saskatchewan and sounds like he knows his way around the archives.

greann

Hi Venessa,
    Thanks for all your input. Unfortunately it is something I cannot post. I'm doing a search for someone else, and I have traced family members to Canada. I'll try contacting the person you suggested. Maybe they can help.
    Ann

v.wells

Good luck Ann

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast