Hi Brian,
I have just come across your postings in 2009.
I am not a Coleman, but I am interested in Henry, as the bay gelding he stole belonged to William Ogden of Billesdon, Leicestershire, who was my 4 x great grandfather! I would thus love to know more about the trial, where, presumably, my ancestor gave evidence.
At one time, there was a Coleman family website, which described the charges he faced as stealing a bay gelding, the property of William Ogden of Billesdon, and a saddle and bridle, the property of John Humphrey of Billesdon. It appears that this website has now been withdrawn from the internet.
I am not sure where they got their information from, as the assize records have apparently not survived. I have seen the Leicester Journal, the contents of which are mentioned in your thread, but this does not give full details of the indictment (it only mentions the bay gelding, not William Ogden etc), so the researcher did not get his information from there. The Leicester Journal carries no report of the trial, it just reports the conviction and sentence.
Probably, there is no surviving report of the trial, but as your postings are back in 2009, I wonder if you have managed to find anything more since? If nothing else, you might be interested to know that William Ogden has numerous descendants, who would love to know if he ever got his horse back!
Regards, John