Loves to help with queries

Default Cause of Death ?

Have received death cert today for relative who died at the age of 28 was married and had 2 children. Have always be intrigued at such a young death.

Certificate doesn't really help but hoping someone out there might be able to shed a little light.. The certificate dated 1881 says disease of spinal cord.
    His mother and not his wife is recorded as being present at the death.

Just being nosey but can't close this one until I know a little more.

Many thanks
    Alison

Knowledgeable and helpful

Hi
    But it could have even been TB I suspect the doctor just decided to say disease because he wasnt exactly certain which one it was.
    I googled "disease of the spine" and lots of things came up even for childhood and Victorian.
    Jane

Mutley

MS is another but also many poisons affect the spinal cord (the nerve cells).

How did the other husbands die?

Loves to help with queries

Thanks for your thoughts, I'd really like to find out more.
    Mutley, I'm still searching regretably can't find record for 1st marriage since only 1 male listed, But she married ? Gruit/Gruitt 1864 at 18 (and is a widow in the 1871 census) then my man in 1874, he dies in 1881 and by 1891 census she's married again. I have actually posted another thread with this info today.

Anyway I suppose I'll never really know, but you do build up feelings and this woman was either incredibly unlucky or ......................
    Thanks again
    Alison