England & Wales Christening Records, 1530-1906
    Lillian Wheat
    Birth Date: 11 May 1887
    Christening Date: 26 Jun 1892
    Christening Place: Longton, Staffordshire, England
    Age at Christening: 5
    Father's Name: Clement Wheat
    Mother's Name: Jane
    I take it this is what you found on ancestry. If Sarah Ellen has Clement as her father on her marriage certificate, they certainly must have been sisters.
    I hope the marriage you have sent for is the same Lillian??? If it isn't, I would suggest that her Lillian didn't survive- although she was certainly alive in 1891. Only wish we could find them together in 1901.

Sue

janbooth

Default WHEAT family

Gosh, Mickey, your family are a nightmare to find in census records. I can't find any of them after 1891 no matter how I search for them.

I may have have found Clement's father (I think!!) in the 1881 census of Florence which is a hamlet in Blurton, Staffs, but he is shown as John WHEAT!! See what you think:

RG11/2696, folio 41, page 19
    Blantyre Street

John WHEAT Head Mar 55 General Laborer Staffordshire Greatrich
    Mary A do Wife Mar 65 do Fenton
    Edward W COTTON Grandson Unm 6 Scholar do Longton

I picked this up because of the grandson's surname, but am not totally convinced this is the correct family. However, Edward's father is a Frederick COTTON according to the IGI and this looks as if it could be Mary WHEAT's first family in the 1851 census of Longton:

HO107/2007, folio 339?, page 4
    Mill Street

James COTTON Head Mar 43 Blacksmith Staffs Longton
    Mary do Wife Mar 36 Transferess Potworks do Fenton
    Thomas do Son 15 Blacksmith (Apprentice) do Longton
    Frederick do Son 13 Potter do do
    Hannah do Daur 9 Scholar do do
    Mary do Daur 7 do do do

The family are still in Longton in the 1861 census living at 34 Edensor Road with the additional children Elizabeth aged and Stanrie? aged 7 so it looks as if this is the correct Mary COTTON (WHEAT). There is a death registration for a James COTTON in the December qtr 1862 at Stoke on Trent reg district followed by a marriage registration in March qtr 1867 at Stoke on Trent for a Thomas WHEAT and a Mary Anne COTTON. Looks like Clement's mother Mary died and Thomas re-married Mary Ann COTTON. There is a death registration for a Mary WHEAT in the June qtr 1866 at Stoke on Trent reg district, aged 44 who looks to be a likely candidate. None of which helps you at all to find Lilian & Sarah Ellen or Clement Lewis!!

I'll keep looking

Janet

MICKEYSKY

THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR HELP JAN IT S VERY MUCH APPRECIATED

Elaine Needham

Hi Mickey,
    I am Lilian's grand-daughter (its Lilian with one l) and I have been researching my family tree. My mother was Vera Calladine, Lilian's only daughter. My mother had a brother Fred Calladine.

Lilian was the only child of Clement Wheat (not Clement Lewis Wheat- to my knowledge) and his wife Jane Wheat (nee Millington) - eventually married, in 1913, Richard Finney- who was Clement's sister Eleanor's husband. They moved to Pinxton, Notts. and I'm not sure when she died, as I haven't been able to find out this information.

Clement's whereabouts is a bit of a mystery too, he disappears and I can't find him on the 1891 census or any death details either.

I have quite a bit of information on the Wheat/Calladine family if you would like it )
    It is on ancestry.co.uk

-Elaine

Elaine Needham

Just amending my previous thread I couldn't delete it, so disregard it and read this one instead...
    Hi Mickey,
    I am Lilian's grand-daughter (its Lilian with one l) and I have been researching my family tree. My mother was Vera Calladine, Lilian's only daughter. My mother had a brother Fred Calladine.

Lilian was the only child of Clement Wheat (who DID get married under the name Clement Lewis Wheat) and his wife Jane Wheat (nee Millington) - eventually married, in 1903, Richard Finney- who was Clement's sister Eleanor's husband. They moved to Pinxton, Notts.

I have a copy of the marriage certificate of Jane Wheat and Richard Finney- it has on the certificate that she is widow....curiouser and curiouser!

I'm not too certain what actually happened to clement after 1891- i have found a record in 1911 of a clement wheat (born 1866, not 1860) being married to an Emily and having a little son Ernest..

Clement Wheat's father (according to his birth certificate) is Thomas Wheat and his mother was Mary Wheat nee Bond..
    Clement's mum in 1866- Clement's father THEN married Mary Ann Cotton- he liked his Marys apparently

I have quite a bit of information on the Wheat/Calladine family if you would like it
    It is on ancestry.co.uk

-Elaine

Famous for offering help & advice sue2white's Avatar

Phew!
    Relief! I thought I was going demented. Lilian was an only child....and didn't have a sister Sarah, most likely.
    I have lost the plot as to how Micky is related, perhaps he can enlighten us.
    Sue

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123