darylr

Unhappy John Storrie Gillespie - Dundas, Ontario 1920

Hi,

Can anyone out there help me find an ancestor of mine ?

He was called John Storrie Gillespieb. 13 Apr 1899 in Paisley, and know he emigrated to Quebec, Canada arriving on 27 July 1920. I think he lived with a cousin James Moore, possibly in Guelph, Ontario. Apparently his mother Janet nee Storrie was also living in Port Nelson, Dundas, Ontario. He later moved to Wayne, Michigan, Detroit by 1928.

I would like to know what happened to him. I don't know if he stayed in the states, or moved back to Canada. I've found him in the U.S. census for 1930,
    living as a boarder in Michigan. I'm afraid that's all I've been able to find.

Regards,

Daryl

His US Naturalisation Papers is on Ancestry, dated 18 January 1928, Detroit, Michigan
    dob 13 April 1899

There is also a passenger list for him for 1928 crossing from Canada into the US. He was a toolmaker.
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

darylr

Unhappy

Hi Sue,

Thanks for that. I've already found that info on Ancestry, however. I can't seem to find him after the 1930 census, which is the frustrating bit! I would like to know if he stayed in Michigan, or moved somewhere else.

Oh well, thanks for trying .

Regards,

Daryl

Brick wall demolition expert!

On this thread, I'd mentioned that it appeared he returned to Scotland in 1931:

https://www.british-genealogy.com/for...ad.php?t=48419

Adele