Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    WK1937

Thank you for pointing this out. I did email the Beds FHS asking when they were going to publish on CDs but haven't heard from them yet. The NWKent FHS have published quite a few CDs of their parish records and by purchasing them from Parish Chest I was able to find baptisms and burials of which I had known nothing about including a birth and burial of a little boy not mentioned previously. Maureen.

davidcarca

See Parish Chest's list of transcripts for Beds - there are a number now available on CDrom - and these make it clear that they only go up to 1812

WK1937

Thank you David.

WK1937

Judyg - you deserve a big box of chocolates and a bouquet of flowers! At least I can give you a pat on the back. You were absolutely right - I have just received the Death Certificate and it is for George's first wife, Sarah.

She actually passed away in the 'big house' so I can only assume she was working for the family as well as her husband. Cause of death is a little unclear but I am going to look this up. Her life must have been very hard - so many pregnancies but only two children surviving and her own death at age 27.

Anyway, a million thanks. Maureen.

MarionT

Hello Maureen,

While researching my husbands family tree I came across your postings and was excited to see that you're are related to Mary Ann Nobles. She is actually my husband's g-g-grandmother who married William Ward.

I have a photo of her if you are interested.

Marion

WK1937

Hello Marion, I am so overcome I have sent you an email, not a PM but a proper one where you will get my email address. I hope you will soon read it and feel that you can reply to me.

Love and best wishes, Maureen.

WK1937

Good morning Marion, I do hope you received the email I sent you via the forum but I did forget to thank you for your offer of a photograph. YES I would be eternally grateful to receive a copy as I have no images of the Ward family at all - I do not have any of myself as a child either!!

Best wishes Maureen.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12