Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Name well known on Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by tjyuk View Post
    Sorry I did not explain myself very well, I am looking for his baptisim.

I have all the other information but appreciate all your help. I have sent away for the certificate but was wondering if I could locate his baptisim before it arrived.
    There are at least three parishes called Britwell/Brightwell, but only partial filming of these by LDS.

Have a look at the Oxfordshire FHS website for details of transcribed baptisms in these parishes. If you don't want to purchase transcripts, the OFHS runs a very good Search Service, at modest cost.

Kerrywood

v.wells

Quote Originally Posted by tjyuk View Post
    Sorry I did not explain myself very well, I am looking for his baptisim.

I have all the other information but appreciate all your help. I have sent away for the certificate but was wondering if I could locate his baptisim before it arrived.

Once again many thanks for all your help.

Kind regards
    Tracey
    Hi Tracy

A marriage certificate is different from a baptism registration, as you probably know. A baptism is basically a naming of a person within a particular faith/church. Pre 1837 births were not legally required to be recorded. Pre 1837 baptisms are often located at familysearch.org or within the parish registers at the local studies centre or Record Office in that particular parish.

It is often best to state "what" information you are searching for and "what" information you do have. This eliminates the repeat of information you may already have.

Pennie

Hi Tracey ...

No obvious parents for Charles on the Oxfordshire Marriage Index, so we'll have to wait for his father's name from the marriage certificate. When you have the certificate, add the information to this thread and I'll have another look!

Incidentally, Bradwell (aka Broadwell) and Britwell are on opposite sides of the county, which is a further complication!

Pennie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12