Does anyone have knowledge of information re burials at Croy Churchyard. I have Hugh Cameron died 3 Jun 1845 age 78 at Rosemarkie in Ross & Cromarty or Rosshire and was buried in Croy Churchyard on the 5th. I have not been able to find death records for his wife Isobel or Isabel nee McDonald but believe she must have been buried before Hugh and also at Croy for his family to take his body back to Croy. The family were originally from Croy and had first 3 children born there 1800-1805 but later children were born in Resolis Ross & Cromarty. Their daughter Isabel and her husband David McIntosh lived in Rosemarkie and Hugh was with them in 1841 census so I presume he was a widower by then.
- County Forums including Ireland, Scotland, Wales and British Islands.
- Scotland - Counties (Chapman Code - SCT)
- Inverness-shire (Chapman Code - INV)
- Inverness-shire county-wide forum
- Burial of Hugh and Isabel Cameron at Croy
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 1 of 1
11-08-2009 2:17 PM #1Newcomer to Brit-Gen
- Join Date
- Mar 2005
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Burial of Hugh and Isabel Cameron at Croy