Famous for offering help & advice

Default Trying to contact someone in Edmonton

This seemed the best place for me to post this, but if the mods feel otherwise, feel free to move it.

I've discovered that the LDS has filmed some research which looks as though it will be of interest to me and some probable cousins in Australia with whom I'm trying to establish a definite link. It's on film no. 1559393, and the research was done by a Merna Kidgell of Victoria, Australia, who I understand has died. The documents were loaned for filming by a Beth Drayton of Edmonton, Canada (this information is freely available on the LDS catalogue website), and I'm wondering if it might be possible to contact her.

If anyone knows of Beth Drayton, please could you let me know by email or private message?

Thanks,
    Arthur

v.wells

Arthur there are only 3 Drayton's listed in all of Alberta and are in Calgary. May have an unlisted number. Do you have an address? Would this be a maiden or married surname and Beth could be Elizabeth. The other alternative is to email Edmonton, Alberta Canada LDS and see if they have contact information.

Thanks for looking, Vanessa. All I know is what I wrote before, taken from the LDS catalogue. I've no idea what the connection is between Beth Drayton and Merna Kidgell, but I'm hoping that Beth might have helped with Merna's research, or perhaps inherited it, and might have useful information. The idea of contacting the LDS church in Edmonton is a good one and I'll look into it, but any other leads would be welcome!

Arthur

v.wells

Perhaps one of our Calgary members will give the few a ring. She is mentioned a few times in association with providing microfilm copies of original papers. I also saw a mention of Glenbow Museum in Calgary which holds a lot of historical artifacts. I tried googling Drayton Family Tree but nothing concrete. I wonder if she submitted a family tree with the LDS for their "sealing" purposes and might have contact information for her. I don't know how it works with them.

Default Success! - or at least getting there

Thanks for your input, Vanessa - I'm now getting somewhere. I rang the two LDS FH Centers listed for Edmonton, and at the second one I spoke to someone who knew the family. Apparently Beth Drayton has died, but there are family members still connected with that church, so we've exchanged contact details and hopefully I'll be in touch with them soon.

Then comes the interesting bit - trying to work out if any of the families are connected!

Arthur

v.wells

That is terrific Arthur! I wish you the best of luck in this search of yours.