Loves to help with queries

Cool MOYES, SMART 1700-MID 1800

David Moyes and Agnes Smart were married 26 Dec 1823 at Kettle, Fife. They stated each of them were from that parish. David stated his parents were Thomas Moyes, weaver, deceased and Christina Campbell. Agnes stated her parents were John Smart and Catharine Turpie. I have christening records of their six children, Catharine, 1824; Christian, 1828; Margaret, 1830; Agnes 1834, Thomas 1835 (my husband's ancestor);Betsy 1839. All the children except for Margaret were born in Kettle. Margaret was born in Collessie. I have the family on the 1841 and 1851 census. David had two siblings that I have found, James who married Isabella Drysdale and Andrew. John Smart were married 27 Dec. 1793 in Kettle. Their children were Margaret, Thomas, Betty and Agnes (Agnest being in the youngest, christened on 23 Aug. 1801. All were christened in Kettle.
    I have not been able to find any other information on these families.
    Suggestions, help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Jan1954

Hello Jackie,

Have you had a browse of the stickies at the top of the General Scottish Family History forum to see if there is anything there that would help?

Loves to help with queries

Default Wow!

Thanks. I printed six pages of information from those "stickies" and now have to have a look at all of it.