My husband's ancestor, Barbara Walker, married William Barneard 12 March 1830 in Kemback, Fife, Scotland. William died 14 April 1855 in Durdom, Ceres, Fife. Barbara died in 1870 also in Durdom. They had six children between 1830 and 1840 and I have all of their christening dates, all in Ceres. Because of the Scottish naming pattern, I believe Barbara's parents are Thomas Walker and Catherine Hutton, married 4 Nov. 1785 in Leuchars, Fife. On the 1851 Census of Bridgend, Ceres, Barbara is 50 years old, born in Ceres. When "Barbara" was christened, parents Thomas and Catherine, 25 July 1799, Ceres. Barbara is the youngest of five children.

William Barneard was 48 years old, a linen weaver when he married Barbara. He said he had been in Kettle for upwards of 30 years. His parents names were James Bearnear, linen weaver, deceased and Grace Selkirk, deceased. On the same 1851 census as Barbara above, he said he was born in Kettle, was a linen warper and was 44 years old. Strange eh since his wife admitted to being 50 years old. Methinks he told little white lie. However, I did find a William Bearneard, son of James and Grace born 1807 in Kettle. Now, of course, I am totally confused. I couldn't find him in the 1841 census and by the 1861 census he was already dead.

Any help, suggestions, comments, would be appreciated, thank you.