darylr

Unhappy James Rodger - What Happened To Him ?

Hi,

I'm currently trying to find an ancestor of my hubby's named James Rodger (Boilermaker) b. 25 Feb 1879 in Govanhill, Glasgow to James & Janet Inglis Mason. He married Annie Brown Gilchrist on 13 Apr 1906, and had a son also named James in 1912.

Annie died on 9 Jun 1941 in Edinburgh, and according to the certificate James was still alive. I've searched Scotland's People for his death, but without success. I have found however, his son James's death which was in 1990 in Edinburgh.

I'm stumped, can anyone suggest where I should look next ?

Regards,

Daryl

Hapax Legomenon

Hi,

Could he have died in England or moved somewhere else? With all the bureacracy in this world (a godsend to genealogy!!!), you'd think people would stay where we can find them!!

Donna

Brick wall demolition expert!

I am not really sure what relation this individual is. Most of the genealogy sites and publicly released documents (BMD & Census) address 100 years ago and before. FreeBMD has indexed a lot up to 1930 but the Census is only released 100 years after the event.

It is the change over where we begin to deal with living people and throughout it is assumed that family knowledge would provide the information necessary.

The information you are seeking falls into that category and despite searching Scotlands people, the event may not be there yet.

Are there any family members you can ask ?

darylr

Unhappy

Hi Raffaele,

There are no living relatives of my hubby's alive to ask regarding James.
    Since he was born in 1879 (he was a brother of my hubby's father) he obviously died between 1940 & 1965-70, although I don't know where. His son was the informant on his wife's death cert. so he wasn't at home in Leith at that time. As it was 1941 I assume he must have been serving in the war somewhere. I have already looked for was records without success, so that is why I decided to ask for help in locating him.

Regards,

Daryl

Brick wall demolition expert!

Starting from the beginning you are assuming that he died btween 1940-1965
    What do you have to support that. His son notified his wife's death and prior to that the only time we have any proof of him being alive was 1912.

Just after that came the largest massacre of the human race. WW1

It would be unusual in those days for a family to have just one child so did he die in the war. Not being sure of the name Genes has 6 Jamesl Rodgers and 54 James Masons died in WW1