Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    pulcinello

Default Karby family

Quote Originally Posted by sueannbowen View Post
    Dear All

I have just found a couple of rellies in on-line non-conformist registers and the collection is at Dr Williams Library which has been mentioned elsewhere on this forum. I followed Pam's previous link on this.

What I don't know is where/if these children were baptised and what their faith was. It gives their place of abode As Stratford, Westham and the registration district as Cripplegate, London (which seems to be where Dr Williams was). So finally get to the point. I am assuming that means they were actually baptised somewhere else and just recorded by Dr Williams?

If that is so, how can I find out where? One of them does show up in the IGI but it just says West Ham - doesn't name the chapel or anything. It shows:

Mary Ann Karby born 25 November 1802 West Ham Essex (true as she was registered in 1808 along with her brother William and sister Hannah). I am really showing my ignorance here so would appreciate a steer. Mary Ann went on to marry Thomas Marshall but I haven't found that yet.

Sue
    Hi - I've just read this and wondered if you have any other Karbys in your tree? I have William Karby who married my ancestor Hannah Burford in 1801 in Leyton, and they have children Eliza and William. Might William be the same as the one you mention and therefore sister to Hannah and Mary? Hannah Karby, nee Burford, is present at several Burford births too according to Dr Williams' baptism records. I also have a note of Thomas Marshall and wife Mary - I would need to check but I think I found him mentioned in one of my Burford's wills.
    I'm sure I have more detailed information if you think it would be of help.
    Regards
    Alison

pulcinello

Hi Peter

I just replied to Sue's message and noticed your surname. I wondered if you had Job Goodey in your tree who married Betsey Burford, daughter of Thomas and Ann? If he is connected to you, you probably have all of the information you need but if you would like to know more about the Burfords, I would be happy to share information.

Regards
    Alison

Reputation beyond repute

I don't think he's one of mine, Alison but thanks for the thought.

sueannbowen

Quote Originally Posted by pulcinello View Post
    Hi - I've just read this and wondered if you have any other Karbys in your tree? I have William Karby who married my ancestor Hannah Burford in 1801 in Leyton, and they have children Eliza and William. Might William be the same as the one you mention and therefore sister to Hannah and Mary? Hannah Karby, nee Burford, is present at several Burford births too according to Dr Williams' baptism records. I also have a note of Thomas Marshall and wife Mary - I would need to check but I think I found him mentioned in one of my Burford's wills.
    I'm sure I have more detailed information if you think it would be of help.
    Regards
    Alison
    How exciting! this is definately my lot Alsion. I will send you my tree if you pm me your email address. I found William's marriage to Hannah in 1801 in Leyton and got that her parents were Thomas Burford and Mary? from the birth registration. But that is it for them for me! I am excited about the will and I am very keen on the Marshalls as Thomas Marshall who married Mary Ann Karby was a silk printer and very helpfully lived at the same place for about 4 census in a row. I wait with bated breath!

pulcinello

Hi - I've sent you a private message with my email details - just thought you might not think to check there! Hope to hear from you soon.

A.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12